Camp Carnival Question

aggie_gal

As parents, can we designate anyone to check our son in/out of Camp Carnival? He's 3, so obviously he won't be able to check himself in/out, but my in-laws are joining us on our cruise, and they babysit for us at home often. In the event they want to take him or check him out of camp, will they be allowed to if we designate them?

You can designate them as allowed to check in or out on the registration form but the same person who checks them in will have to check them out. They ask for your S&S card each time. On the dream they gave us a cell phone to keep on us if they needed us. THey asked to see the phone each time you checked in or out as well. It was pretty cool to have cause you can call anywhere on the ship for free.

[quote name='lukeduke07']You can designate them as allowed to check in or out on the registration form but the same person who checks them in will have to check them out. They ask for your S&S card each time. On the dream they gave us a cell phone to keep on us if they needed us. THey asked to see the phone each time you checked in or out as well. It was pretty cool to have cause you can call anywhere on the ship for free.[/quote]

Last year we were asked to bring anyone who would be responsible for check in and check out the Camp Carnival registration meeting, so both parents and any other family member checking children out.

[quote name='OutlawJosey']Last year we were asked to bring anyone who would be responsible for check in and check out the Camp Carnival registration meeting, so both parents and any other family member checking children out.[/quote]

Similar thing happened on our last cruise. DW DS BIL and myself had to be at the initial meeting. But they allowed for example, my DW check in our DD and for me to check her out. The only condition was we needed to come back with the phone. I would assume they needed to see the phone as their figurative baton of responsibility.

[quote name='Chileancruiser']Similar thing happened on our last cruise. DW DS BIL and myself had to be at the initial meeting. But they allowed for example, my DW check in our DD and for me to check her out. The only condition was we needed to come back with the phone. I would assume they needed to see the phone as their figurative baton of responsibility.[/quote]

Exactly, I didn't see it as any inconvenience; just a way to make sure the kiddos where being given to an approved parent or designee.

We have 6 kiddos going this time and 3 PIC's, so we will be sharing the camp duties.

Thanks everyone...I was hoping the in-laws can check him in/out. We all have the same last name, so hopefully that will help too. We tried to pre-register and noticed we couldn't add my husband's parents at that time, so that got us wondering. This clears things up! We'll all show up at the camp registration.