Gluten Free - inform ahead of time or is there stuff already there?

rocketlegs

I have a gluten sensitivity, i.e. rushed bathroom runs several times a day if I eat gluten, and I'd like to know how to contact NCL about some gluten free pasta, etc dishes. Do I call the main line, is there an online form or does NCL have gluten free food ready but you just have to ask for it at the buffet or dining room?

There are glutein free options onboard but still you need to be pro-active about it. Best way of handling that is to contact NCL's access desk:

(From http://www.ncl.com/about/accessible-cruising):

Special Medical Dietary Requirements and Diabetes

Guest with food allergies should contact the Access Desk to discuss Norwegian Cruise Line's policies and procedures concerning special diets and your specific allergies prior to your cruise. Because the vessels are supplied all over the world, it may be easier to meet your specific food allergy requirements in some countries, but very difficult in others.

From what I've read here, if a passenger will put a little effort to informing the cruise line about their special dietary needs, NCL crew is very eager to assist. :)

Edited by Demonyte

My wife is gluten intolerent. She told NCL ahead of time. Also, tell the restaurant the day before you are going there and they will let you preselect foods that they will make gluten free and have gluten free bread for you. We were esp. well treated on Breakaway at Cagneys, where they had wonderful rolls for her and made her a special cheesecake without glutin.

My husband has Celiac, and when we booked with one of NCL's agents, he asked if there were any allergies or special requests, so we let them know then. Last week I got an email from the access desk with a form to fill out and return for him. They also said to make sure and let them know once we board.