Interior Stateroom with French Door (Obstructed Views)

mpdahmer

We just booked 3 Cat 4K - Interior Stateroom with French Door (Obstructed Views) on the Carnival Pride. Has anyone booked this type cabin and have any pictures. We are not sure what the French doors are for if there is no balcony. Do they open for air or are they fixed and just for a larger viewing area than a normal window, being the life boats are outside the doors?

Hoping some of our CruiseCritic friends can help...

I've stayed in them a few times. There's certainly not much of a view but it does let some light in. Back when I was a smoker I used to lean out and smoke. When you look to your left and right others are leaning out too. Most times they were smokers too and we would chat for a bit while we smoked. You can see a little bit of the water but the view looking straight out is obstructed by boats. There is an outdoor metal crew gang way that runs the length of it.

Love this cabin category and will book it whenever possible..46 day and counting till we are in them on the Legend. The one piece of advice I can give you is to always make sure your drapes are closed when you are in your cabin. Maintenance can and will take place at odd hours of the day so you never know when someone will be walking past your cabin or working right outside your cabin. So curtains drawn unless you don't mind being seen :D

4K cabins are the best value on the ship IMO. GREAT to have the natural light, fresh air, and sound of the sea, all for just slightly more than the price of a regular inside cabin. As noted above, if you can snag one of the cabins between the boats, you do get a bit of a view, and also as noted above, keep your curtains closed when dressing, etc., to avoid giving the crew a view. :eek:

Have a GREAT cruise. You're gonna love that 4K cabin.

"SKY"

I sailed on the Pride at the end of October, I did a review and posted pics of my French door cabin. I had cabin 4140, which was great because it was in between life boats. We had a nice view. Here is a link of the review: (hope it works)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1938776&highlight=pride+review

I had one before, they are ok if you are a deep sleeper, because the one I had rattled all night long. And I called maintenance to do something about it and they couldn't fix it or do anything.

But if that doesn't bother you, get one thats in between the two life boats, you will have a ocean view then thru the opening.

We just booked 3 Cat 4K - Interior Stateroom with French Door (Obstructed Views) on the Carnival Pride. Has anyone booked this type cabin and have any pictures. We are not sure what the French doors are for if there is no balcony. Do they open for air or are they fixed and just for a larger viewing area than a normal window, being the life boats are outside the doors?

Hoping some of our CruiseCritic friends can help...