Buying Drink Package a couple days into cruise?

Your plan will work and they will gladly sign you up at 12:01 AM, just be prepared that you will be thus be paying for day 1 and not day 2 since the drink plans do not work according to the day calendar. I have personal experience with these drink plans on both Carnival and Celebrity and I had read extensively about Royal's version on these boards in anticipation of purchasing it on the Indy in April.

I'm just joining in and a little confused. If I want to purchase the package for day 2 and outwards when should I purchase the package as to not get charged for day 1?

I'm just joining in and a little confused. If I want to purchase the package for day 2 and outwards when should I purchase the package as to not get charged for day 1?

I would assume anytime after midnight on the first night. However, I would ask on board to be sure.

I also know that the bartenders are fairly lenient about letting someone buy someone else a drink using their package as we benefited from that a few times in one of the bars.

I'm surprised to hear that, I'd think they'd be strict about no sharing. I'm sure it still happens but I didn't think staff would knowingly allow sharing of packages.

I would assume anytime after midnight on the first night. However, I would ask on board to be sure.

All I can go by is my first hand experience on two different cruise lines including the sister line to RCI. On both Carnival and Celebrity, each day went from 6:00 AM-5:59 AM, so if you purchased the package at 12:01 AM to try to get extra drinks at the disco or wherever for the 2-3 hours they were open, it was still considered day 1. The programs started each day when the earliest coffee shop was open to get an espresso, latte, etc. When the bars were closed from 2-3 AM till 6 AM, that was when the totals for the day were all calculated. This is all business....just because a new day starts at 12:01, does not necessarily mean that it's the same with these programs. Any drinks consumed between 12:01 and 2-3 when the bar closes is still considered day 1.

I have yet to read anywhere on these boards something to the contrary that would refute when day 1 ends for the drink packages.

All I can go by is my first hand experience on two different cruise lines including the sister line to RCI. On both Carnival and Celebrity, each day went from 6:00 AM-5:59 AM, so if you purchased the package at 12:01 AM to try to get extra drinks at the disco or wherever for the 2-3 hours they were open, it was still considered day 1. The programs started each day when the earliest coffee shop was open to get an espresso, latte, etc. When the bars were closed from 2-3 AM till 6 AM, that was when the totals for the day were all calculated. This is all business....just because a new day starts at 12:01, does not necessarily mean that it's the same with these programs. Any drinks consumed between 12:01 and 2-3 when the bar closes is still considered day 1.

I have yet to read anywhere on these boards something to the contrary that would refute when day 1 ends for the drink packages.

Not sure about when you buy it mid cruise but on my cruise it started at bording time 10 am onwards.

We cancelled our premium package on day 5 of a 14 nighter at around 9 am and only had to pay for 4 full days, if your rule was fully correct we would have had to pay for 5 full days because we cancelled after the first bar opened on the 5th day!

But you are correct in that if a person buys it just after midnight! they will pay for the full day and only get half a day or so worth before the next day kicks in.

We were just on the Freedom in December. The last two days of the cruise they did offer the drink package for only two day fee. $55 per day. And the soda package for$10 and you got the coke cup. Pretty good deal. My daughter and I got the soda deal just because we liked the cup l.p.