Reflection-Port or Starboard

maryland

Looking to book the Reflection Eastern Caribbean itinerary. Before booking, we were wondering if anyone could tell us which side-port or starboard would be better. We want to book a balcony & want one on the side that will be facing the ports in all our stops. On past cruises (other cruise lines), it seemed that the port side faced the port, but I thought I read somewhere that on this particular itinerary it was the starboard side that faced the ports. Thanks

Looking to book the Reflection Eastern Caribbean itinerary. Before booking, we were wondering if anyone could tell us which side-port or starboard would be better. We want to book a balcony & want one on the side that will be facing the ports in all our stops. On past cruises (other cruise lines), it seemed that the port side faced the port, but I thought I read somewhere that on this particular itinerary it was the starboard side that faced the ports. Thanks

This wasn't our room number but we were down the same hall from 1569...we had great views of every port on the Eastern itinerary.

Hope this helps

It could change from cruise to cruise depending what berth they will be given, but on the 7 Dec cruise we were tied up on the port side facing town in San Juan and St. Maarten, and I believe starboard side in St Thomas.

It could change from cruise to cruise depending what berth they will be given, but on the 7 Dec cruise we were tied up on the port side facing town in San Juan and St. Maarten, and I believe starboard side in St Thomas.

It was the same for us in April.

We have had the same - we book even number cabins to be on the starboard side based on the trip in 2012 we only had 1 port that we were not dockside - this time we only had 2 we were dockside - so it's hot and miss

Check how many ships are docked in St Thaomas ...heard traffic was like LA...some were stuck in it for 2 hours (each way) to get to the beach.

this is where you can find out how many ships in st thomas on the day you are in; website is called vinow dot com and go to the tab 'cruising'

Edited by Tiggertastic

We did B2B on Reflection 11/30 and 12/7. In St Martin we were bow in one week and bow out the other. We had to change cabins from the first to second week from port to starboard and we had the same (bad) view both weeks.

You can never tell which side they will dock on. Also in St Martin you can have very large ships on both sides of you blocking the view.

You may also want to take into account that smoking areas are all on the port side of the ship. Depending on cabin location you could get drifting smoke. If you are higher up it probably won't be an issue. We were on deck 12 on the forward angle of the hump and had no issues.

We were on the Reflection last week -Eastern itinerary. We were in rooms 6169-6171-6167 on port side. We had beautiful views of the ports. The view in San Juan was better on the starboard side, but as far as St.Thomas and St.Maarten the views from port side beautiful. You can't go wrong. It is beautiful everywhere! The ship was outstanding in every way! Have a great time.

It honestly can vary from day to day, depending on the number of ships due in that day, etc. I wouldn't book a particular cabin based on that. After all, when you're in port, you are normally off the ship anyway. There is no guarantee on any itinerary--just pick one and enjoy your cruise!