OBC for referring friends

Anyone here has invited new cruisers on board and gotten OBCs for it?

I have gotten my friends (new cruisers) to book 3 staterooms. I do have their reservation numbers.

How can I get the OBCs for the "referral"? Anybody knows?

Yes, we have gotten the Bring A Friend OBC's before. Use this link:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/BringaFriend

You have to fill it in on the Crown and Anchor page and they approve it about 3 weeks before sailing.

I got $25 for my aunt last April. It covered a couple drinks :D

Sent from my iPhone using the Cruise Critic App

Yes, we have gotten the Bring A Friend OBC's before. Use this link:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/BringaFriend

Bob, thanks for the direct link and being so quick in your replies here!

Their IT system is acting up again, says "The information cannot be modified at this time. Please try again later"...

Well, gonna try it tomorrow and if it doesn't work, i'll give them a call. The cruise is set on 12 February so I should have ample time.

Bob, thanks for the direct link and being so quick in your replies here!

Their IT system is acting up again, says "The information cannot be modified at this time. Please try again later"...

Well, gonna try it tomorrow and if it doesn't work, i'll give them a call. The cruise is set on 12 February so I should have ample time.

One thing I noticed when I filled out the Bring A Friend form was an error message about a birthday not matching, or something similar. Turns out that all we had to do was complete the online check-in for the guests we were referencing as friends on the form.

Can only past guests send referrals?

I am currently booked on a RC cruise, and my best friend is going to book a RC cruise soon. She asked me if I get anything if she says I referred her. I am guessing no because I haven't been on RC yet... Boo

ETA: I just saw that the referred guest must also book the same cruise as the referring guest. Boo again.

Edited by tabbi_cakes

One thing I noticed when I filled out the Bring A Friend form was an error message about a birthday not matching, or something similar. Turns out that all we had to do was complete the online check-in for the guests we were referencing as friends on the form.

Is it possible to fill one of these out this after a cruise has sailed, and get OBC on your next cruise? I'm guessing not, because the form only brings up existing reservations. I forgot all about this benefit!

Is it possible to fill one of these out this after a cruise has sailed, and get OBC on your next cruise? I'm guessing not, because the form only brings up existing reservations. I forgot all about this benefit!

No, has to be done before the cruise sails.

Sadly, you cannot get this benefit if you or your guest are in a ta group, only if you both book directly through rc

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Forums mobile app

Not quite, Denise. You can't use it if the friend is in a group, but you can use it if you simply use a travel agent to book the cruise but are NOT in a group. You do NOT have to have booked directly with RC. Just not be in a "group".

:)

I just tried this. It wouldn't work online, so I called C & A, and was told that the credit is not combinable with any other onboard credits or promotions. I said, "Well I guess that doesn't happen very often." The gentleman agreed.:(

It should be combinable with OBC from booking on board, balcony discount, or savings certificate. I know it's not combinable with WOW OBC.

I just tried this. It wouldn't work online, so I called C & A, and was told that the credit is not combinable with any other onboard credits or promotions. I said, "Well I guess that doesn't happen very often." The gentleman agreed.:(

I used an Savings Certificate on my upcoming 2/5 cruise and got 2 referral bonus for that cruise for friends who are booked also.

I just got a confirmation booking invoice today that shows they finally credited it to my account. Shows as $50 OBC.