Am I crazy?

cherryharley

Just wanted to come back and say that my friend and I were so nervous on the 5 hour drive to the ship. We both discussed how we were so out of our comfort zones, etc. but once we got on the ship we loved it! The cruise was fantastic and after the first 2 days I didn't even have to take anything for sea sickness. And we both slept so well! I can understand how people get "addicted" to cruising! Thanks for all the positive comments everyone.

I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your cruise. People are often scared and reluctant to take that first one. Our first cruise was seven days. The only way I could talk my wife into it was planning it all for her as a birthday present. She was so nervous she was almost physically ill.

After we returned, she got on the computer to see what we could book for our second cruise! The "Cruise Bug" has bitten her and I'm a happy man! :D

We have two more cruises booked and already talking about where to go in 2016!

Happy cruising! It's a great way to see the world!

Edited by JimAOk1945

It is simply nervous anticipation of something unknown. You will think it is the best vacation you ever had and what took you so long to go. Have fun! I will guarantee you you will be taking another cruise in the future. There is nothing like being on the vast ocean feeling the warm breeze and hearing the ocean waves. So tranquil. Aaaah, Well, I do leave on our cruise on the FOS in 12 days. Yipee!

I am nervous since I can't seem to get off this board and get my packing done. HaHa.

Now that you're back and enjoyed the cruise, I'll tell you what I told my sister. She is also anxious about not seeing land, so being the loving sister that I am, I told her we are never more than 6 miles from land---straight down. :D OK, OK I know BUT she gives me stuff about not liking to fly. It's what sister's do! :D

Carnival cruise ships follow a carefully prescribed route; they ship stays within 50 feet of the course maintained by GPS. (According to the Captain during a bridge tour that the kids took last year.)

The Gulf of Mexico also has lots of oil platforms - at night, you'll often see the lights of the rigs and other ships. Please be comforted that in the event of an emergency, help is available from very close by, and they know exactly where the ship is at all times.

I hope that comforts your 'all alone out there' feelings.