Any experience being bumped from a HC accessible cabin

MaraBerk

We booked a 6S Spa Oceanview cabin-which is handicap accessible. I have no issue being moved and completely understand why we would be. My question is if this is the last available cabin in this category does anyone know where we would be moved to? Does anyone have experience with this?

TIA

I don't have experience with having that happen, however while we were on board in December, we booked our next trip for the dream in April. There was only one inside spa cabin left in addition to two handicapped rooms. I had never heard of these cabins before. While we talked it over with the PVP, she said we could get bumped from those if they needed them for a handicapped guest. (I completely understand that...) but she said if no other interior cabins were available in the spa, we could lose our spa access. Which I really couldn't understand because we were paying for the upgrade. She really didn't have a clear cut answer for that... We opted for the last regular room as not to risk it.

We booked a room like that on Liberty for Feb 1. We have not been bumped yet but was told that they have to provide the same room or a higher category if you get bumped. 4j in our case on our ship is all booked but we have received any notification that we are not in this room.

I don't have any experience being bumped from a HC cabin...

However, after having sailed in a HC cabin cruise before last, i can honestly say I will NEVER book a HC cabin again. Ugh, it was the worst. Furniture modified down to make room for a wheelchair we didn't have. (totally missed the couch and normal sized table). And worse yet was having to mop down the entire bathroom after every shower.

Just my 0.02

We had booked a 4J handicapped 1003 on the Freedom. We booked it last August for the Dec. 28, 2013 cruise. The first week of December we got a call and they said they were bumping us as they needed the cabin. They offered an oceanview on deck 2. I really like the Panorama deck so I asked if we could be moved to an interior on the same deck. They moved us to an interior and refunded $50 since we were actually downgrading and this was the current price difference.

I don't have any experience being bumped from a HC cabin...

However, after having sailed in a HC cabin cruise before last, i can honestly say I will NEVER book a HC cabin again. Ugh, it was the worst. Furniture modified down to make room for a wheelchair we didn't have. (totally missed the couch and normal sized table). And worse yet was having to mop down the entire bathroom after every shower.

Just my 0.02

I agree with you. A couple of years ago we decided to book really last minute (couple days before the cruise) and the only room available was a HC room. Wow, that bathroom shower situation really was awful. Never again.