No Set Sail Pass...Whoops!

So...I blew it. I completed my SetSail pass WEEKS ago, but lost track of time, and forgot to get it printed 3 days before. Now, I can't see the pass anymore online. Just a box to give my email address so they can "contact me with updates."

Has anyone ever forgotten to print their SetSail pass before? What kind of extra paperwork am I looking at having to rush through at the pier?

Ugh.

So...I blew it. I completed my SetSail pass WEEKS ago, but lost track of time, and forgot to get it printed 3 days before. Now, I can't see the pass anymore online. Just a box to give my email address so they can "contact me with updates."

Has anyone ever forgotten to print their SetSail pass before? What kind of extra paperwork am I looking at having to rush through at the pier?

Ugh.

I did that once several years ago. Remember, it's just an "Online Check-in". All you will have to do is check in at the port. It takes a couple minutes longer but isn't bad.

We didn't know for our first ever cruise, and the online TA either didn't let us know or we didn't understand. It didn't take long at check in for them to print the paperwork for us to sign. When we were at the luggage check in the porter just wrote us a tag and it all went fine.

I know we would be annoyed with ourselves too. :)

Ugh.

The fact that you completed the check-in means they have all the info, so they will just print out something for you to sign. It will be much faster than if you had not completed the online check-in.

It might take you a few minutes more to pass through security. Each port is different, but at Port Canaveral, when you don't have a SetSail pass, they will look up your name in the manifest before they let you enter the terminal.

It is actually okay. Just as long as you have completed the online information, they will take care of the rest for you at check in. All they do is scan the set sail pass which brings up the info in the computer. You don't have to have the set sail pass to board the ship.

FFL has a list and can look up passengers. I saw someone doing it in Nov. They showed up at security without their set sail and they pulled them aside, found them on the list, confirmed their id and let them in. Some people don't even complete them before they arrive, so you're way ahead of them.

One thing I've always done is fill mine out as soon as we're booked and then print it out as soon as final payment is made. Ours for our March cruise is all printed and sitting with our cruise stuff and passports in the spare bedroom.

• 1 year later...
The fact that you completed the check-in means they have all the info, so they will just print out something for you to sign. It will be much faster than if you had not completed the online check-in.

It might take you a few minutes more to pass through security. Each port is different, but at Port Canaveral, when you don't have a SetSail pass, they will look up your name in the manifest before they let you enter the terminal.

Hi Bob,

You always are there to help me in the past so when I saw you on this I thought you would be the one to ask. We can't print out are Set Sail pass because they are having an IT issue with the the part of birth certificate. We are taking our granddaughter and she doesn't have a passport so we have to use her BC but there is a missing drop down box for the state. It's been like this for over 45 days we've called and keep getting told that, " IT is working on it" I worry because we are traveling out of Miami and we are traveling with our granddaughter. Do you think this will be a problem? I've traveled on Royal for over 30 cruises and this is the first time I haven't printed my passes. Kind of scary!

Thank you,

Val

For the birth certificate question' date=' I had the same issue and got it fixed by calling RCI. This is what you need to put "birth certificate abroad" if it is a U.S. Birth Certificate. HTH.[/quote']

I've called them every week for four weeks and keep being told our IT team is working on it. I haven't tried putting in the abroad thing but will try that next. Thank you!

For the birth certificate question' date=' I had the same issue and got it fixed by calling RCI. This is what you need to put "birth certificate abroad" if it is a U.S. Birth Certificate. HTH.[/quote']

Thank you so much...I was able to get it printed:)! 4 calls and an emai and I got no help....you solved my problem in 5 min. Again...Thank you so much!