Miami Hotel Pre Cruise Nite????

hi,

Need suggestions as to where to stay on a Saturday night pre cruise. We will only be there one night. What are some hotels near the port and will they offer transportation to the cruise ship?

I have seen some posts regarding this subject but have never paid attention.

I know someone will have a great suggestion from experience.

Thanks for your help.

Pat

We stayed at the Holiday Inn just acroos from Bayside. Clean and comfortable and an easy walk to Bubba Gumps! I believe they have a shuttle. We had our car, but our up north families all took a cab so they didn't have to wait! Join priority club and ask for a bayside room!

Just yesterday booked Priceline at $52/night for two nights for a late August cruise at Radisson Miami. I've stayed there for two previous cruises, and it is very sufficient, a good 3* hotel. $5 cab ride to Bayside Marketplace, with a great number of restaurants, including the fun Bubba Gumps, Hard Rock Cafe and numerous, local, ethnic cafes. Lots of shopping, live music and located on a marina. Great place to start a vacation. The Radisson is probably a $10 -$15 cab ride to the port, but if you secure high enough, you can get a great view of the ships coming in the channel and at dock. Ask for a pier view if you can. Can't beat the price and the location.

JW Marriott (very nice, my personal favorite)... http://marriott.com/property/propertypage/miajw

Hyatt Regency... http://miamiregency.hyatt.com/property/index.jhtml

Intercontinental (within easy walking distance to Bayside Marketplace)... http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/ic/1/en/hd/miaha?irs=null

Biscayne Bay Marriott (best view of the port)... http://marriott.com/property/propertypage/miabb

JW Marriott (very nice, my personal favorite)... http://marriott.com/property/propertypage/miajw

We stayed at the JW in February and loved it.... beautiful hotel, very nice rooms, great service.... we'd definitely stay there again.

It's a little removed from the port area, and there is a building between the JW and the water so you don't have the view of the cruise ships that a lot of people talk about. My impression though is that it is a much nicer hotel than those closer to the port and that is more important to us.

A few years back, we decided to stay in the trendy South Beach area. It was a quick trip from the airport by taxi. We stayed at Ocean Five. It's located at Fifth and Ocean Drive. The room was clean and comfortable. The hotel has a bistro with decent food.

Do keep in mind that you'd be staying on a Saturday night, so you may want a room in the back of the hotel so you won't hear the traffic from all the partiers on Ocean Drive.

The hotel is right across the street from the ocean. That was nice. We took a stroll down the beach the morning of the cruise.

Also, we got a REALLY good deal on a room there through one of the online TAs. I'm not sure what their current rates are.

Oh ... the service was really, really good. The front desk guy assured us he'd keep our lost luggage safe when the airline delivered it (another story in itself!). We insisted he call us the minute it arrived -- even if it was three in the morning! He wanted us to "get a good night sleep and don't worry about it." Again, we told him we'd really feel a lot better if he woke us up! At four a.m. he called and said, "I'm soooo sorry to wake you up, but your luggage just arrived and you wanted me to call you!" He did exactly as we had asked and was so nice about it!

I would definitely stay there again!

Hope this helps ... :)

we stayed at the Hamilton Hotel two block walk to ocean drive and mall walk. It was clean, very art deco and right on the beach. The cab drive to the port was about $15.00.

Tillie

28_1_16.gif

Navigatior of the Seas 10-29-05

Explorer of the Seas 10-24-04

We went thru Priceline for our stay next Saturday (July 30) and will be staying at the Intercontinental near Bayside Market for $62 per room plus whatever the taxes were. Great deal as far as I'm concerned :D.

We will most likely either hit Bayside for dinner, or go to a wonderful restaurant in Little Havana called Versailles. If you want the real Cuban experience, including the rocket fuel they call Cuban Coffee, give it a try. On a Saturday night be prepared to wait, unless you go pretty early.

Versailles reviews

My husband and I stayed at Four Points Shearton right on Miami Beach.

We had a view of the Beach and pool. There is a boardwalk that runs between the hotel and the beach. You walk up and down to other hotels and catch whats going on there. We found a band and some fun bars. Next took a cab to Southbeach and went to Larios. They have the best cuban food and Mojitos.

Everyone is dancing to the cuban band. We had so much fun so we are going to do this again this October.

You can take a cab from the hotel to the pier. Its great

Bon Voyage

Brenda and Bob

We went thru Priceline for our stay next Saturday (July 30) and will be staying at the Intercontinental near Bayside Market for $62 per room plus whatever the taxes were. Great deal as far as I'm concerned :D.

We will most likely either hit Bayside for dinner, or go to a wonderful restaurant in Little Havana called Versailles. If you want the real Cuban experience, including the rocket fuel they call Cuban Coffee, give it a try. On a Saturday night be prepared to wait, unless you go pretty early.

Versailles reviews

Was the Intercontinental a 4 Star on Priceline?

My husband and I stayed at Four Points Shearton right on Miami Beach.

We had a view of the Beach and pool. There is a boardwalk that runs between the hotel and the beach. You walk up and down to other hotels and catch whats going on there. We found a band and some fun bars. Next took a cab to Southbeach and went to Larios. They have the best cuban food and Mojitos.

Everyone is dancing to the cuban band. We had so much fun so we are going to do this again this October.

You can take a cab from the hotel to the pier. Its great

Bon Voyage

Brenda and Bob

Brenda and Bob, Is the hotel clean? I booked 2 rooms there for our pre-stay in October on PL for $55 per room. Our daughter was disappointed when I told her which hotel we had reserved. Can you please reassure her and me regarding the quality of the room?

Also, what did the transportation costs to/from the airport and cruise port? I'm mostly concerned because there is going to be 6 of us plus bags to lug around this time.

Thanks in advance for the info.:)

On a side note...is it hot enough for you in Peoria? We had a nice storm in Chandler last night. :eek:

Embassy Suites. They picked us up from the airport and then the next day took us to the port (complimentary). Great HOT made to order omlets in the morning.

Maybe slightly more expensive than some places, but when you consider we didn't have to spend any money on taxis and got a great hot breakfast, I think it all came out to be the same in the end.

Transportation to the port was via vans so we didn't have problems with getting our luggage in. There were 5 of us.

Just let them know if you'll need transportation to the port when you make your reservation. I think they have a special "cruisers package"

Archived