Radiance with a baby - advice please

Kridge13

Hi,

We are going on the Radiance in just over a week with my parents, sisters, my hubby and my 9 month old son. Just wondering if any has cruised with a baby if you have an suggestions? I also have few questions i would answered.

1. Crib? It says on my booking confimation that a crib in room is to be issued. I also read that they no longer do cribs, but playyards i pressure what we in AuS call portacot. They say they are for small babies. I am just trying to work out if i need to bring something for my little man to sleep in, or if it will be provided. As you can imagane i already feel like i am bringing the kitchen sink.

2. MDR - Can i request them to puree food for my son's dinner? - I am paying for him to be there, is this a normal request.

3. Would they move out the coffee table in our cabin if we asked? Obviously with three of us in an Ocean view with a crawling baby and crib there won't be much room. :)

4. Are highchairs available?

Any other advice? Your help is greatly appreciated:).

We took my grandson (6 months) and they gave us what I consider a play pen to sleep in. During the day it folded away. They should be able to move your table but if they don't, you can put it in the closet and use it for a shelf for "baby stuff". It will fit nicely.

Traveling with a small child can be challenging, but it simply means restructuring your activities around their needs. One the biggest things is going to be assuring your baby gets enough sleep so that the time on board is more enjoyable for you and the baby. You may want to keep an eye out for deals that would make an upgrade to a balcony a possibility.

I did a PR cabin on the Voyageur the first time I cruised with my DD, since I wanted a view of the world while she was sleeping ... but switched to balconies there after so I could relax on the balcony embroidering while she slept late in the morning. Had she been young enough to still need an afternoon nap, the balcony would have been a must. You may find the oceanview becomes rather claustrophopic while you wait out those afternoon naps.

Whatever you decide, have a wonderful cruise.

junior suite would be the best since that has a bathtub. Be sure to bring an inflatable tub thing for your baby if you stick with a room with only a shower. We are bringing our baby in August. He will be 8 months. My TA said RC will provide a crib. Radiance also has the baby n tots nursery available for you to give you some free time.

Hi,

We are going on the Radiance in just over a week with my parents, sisters, my hubby and my 9 month old son. Just wondering if any has cruised with a baby if you have an suggestions? I also have few questions i would answered.

1. Crib? It says on my booking confimation that a crib in room is to be issued. I also read that they no longer do cribs, but playyards i pressure what we in AuS call portacot. They say they are for small babies. I am just trying to work out if i need to bring something for my little man to sleep in, or if it will be provided. As you can imagane i already feel like i am bringing the kitchen sink.

Any other advice? Your help is greatly appreciated:).

We just took a 7 month old on Grandeur...

As far as the crib/play yard/etc goes - we got a "standard" Graco "Pack N Play." It should be plenty fine for a 9 month old. We'll be back on Explorer with an eventual 11 month old and we plan on her sleeping in the exact same thing as we had on Grandeur.

Echoing in what RCI FADM 76 said, the crib provided is the widely known "Pack and Play". I traveled with my daughter when she was 9 months old (as your child is), and it was perfectly fine for her. They use sheets as they would on the bed, and provide plenty sheets to keep your baby nice and warm.

I find the air conditioner blows on my neck sometimes, and hubby has successfully tucked a hand towel into the side to stop the direct draft. Leaves the rest open so that you get plenty of air, but thought it might help if you feel there is a chill where the crib thing is. We are on radiance in just over a week too. So excited.

We have been keeping an eye out for other available cabins and this trip has been sold out for a week or two I think.

Edited by kjsmith63

We sailed with an 11 month old. Food was no problem and the Pack N Play was great.

Things I couldn't do without:

1. Clips to hold linen napkins on as bibs, so I didn't have to wash bibs.

2. Stroller, umbrella type.

3. Baby Monitor. I sat just outside door during naps. Had visual on door and could hear baby.

4. Diapers, more diapers.