Transfer to Agent

BosoxI

I booked a cruise onboard last month with the intent to transfer it to my travel agent. Last Friday I faxed the request to Celebrity. As of today, one week later, my agent has not received it. Is this typical or should I be contacting Celebrity? At a minimum I'm resending the document.

Whenever we transfer a reservation to a TA, instead of faxing the transfer form to Celebrity many of us just email the online transfer form directly to the TA and they take care of it right away.

It stands to reason that the TA has more incentive to expedite the transfer than the cruise line does since the cruise line pays a commission to the TA for the booking.

I booked a cruise onboard last month with the intent to transfer it to my travel agent. Last Friday I faxed the request to Celebrity. As of today, one week later, my agent has not received it. Is this typical or should I be contacting Celebrity? At a minimum I'm resending the document.

when I tried to transfer my reservation last year to a TA I was told it could not be done as it had to be done within 10 days of the booking. I asked why as I have done it in the past and they said they changed the rules about a year or so ago

when I tried to transfer my reservation last year to a TA I was told it could not be done as it had to be done within 10 days of the booking. I asked why as I have done it in the past and they said they changed the rules about a year or so ago
Where are you located and where is your TA located?

They may have different rules applying for different locations.

For those of us in the USA, we used to be able to wait until final payment to transfer the reservation to a TA.

Then they changed the cutoff to within 60 days of booking.

Under some circumstances, if wanting to transfer after the 60 day cutoff and if prices have not gone up, we could cancel and then re-book, but that would not work in all cases.