Booking a Hotel questions

cruisebarbie

If there is a hotel you have in mind you can call them and ask what price they would give you. I was a hotel GM for 4 years. I would always give guests 15% off an online rate if they called me and asked if I can do better.

The hotel saves money and you save money. Win-win.

(The hotel pays 27% commission on your online rate and you pay the higher taxes and fees to the online site)

If there is a hotel you have in mind you can call them and ask what price they would give you. I was a hotel GM for 4 years. I would always give guests 15% off an online rate if they called me and asked if I can do better.

The hotel saves money and you save money. Win-win.

(The hotel pays 27% commission on your online rate and you pay the higher taxes and fees to the online site)

Thanks for sharing!

We are trying to see if we can get a cheaper hotel by booking one at the last minute. What websites have people used to book a cheap hotel at last minute. Is there was way to see which hotel you would be getting?

Thanks for any info!

Vicki

lastminutetravel.com often has great deals on the Intercontinental in downtown Miami.

I just booked an Executive Suite in April for the same price as a King room. I called the hotel directly -vs- online and they offered it to me for the same rate. Who knew ?

It never hurts to try.

Just wanted to add, if you are needing a hotel around Spring-break time or any other major travel time, it's always best to book something at a rate thay you can live with and then continue to shop around. Hotels in popular cities book up quickly.

I called the Hampton inn Miami blue lagoon to book a room and the lady speaking with me told me she could not give me the online price via phone I would have to book it online. When I booked Hampton Inn Miami brickell I called and they gave me the online price. It kind of annoyed me but I booked online anyway. guess it depends who you speak with and the mood they are in that day!