First few hours after getting out of cab...

diskids2

I am not sure where to post this, so moderators, feel free to move :).

We will be taking our first cruise on the Breakaway in August to Bermuda. I have been researching and reading posts galore! So thanks in advance.

Can someone give me or point me in the direction of... a brief bullet point step by step as to what we need to do after we exit the cab? What get done in the terminal? What should I be sure to do the first thing as I arrive?

I have no young children, youngest in our party is 19. I know I have to stop by (I think Guest Services) to fill out the parental consent to beer wine form (my words and yes, I do this under duress ;)) and I'd love to get Vibe passes, but I know that is a long shot and I don't know where to go to get them to begin with.

I plan on paying DSC before I go and I will make show and specialty restaurant reservations (a few) before I go. I will also have all of the appropriate paperwork and documentation ready and in an accessible place.

Forgive me, I know I am a planner...

You get out of the cab, give your luggage to a porter, go inside the terminal, through security, fill out the health questionnare, go to check-in, go to waiting area and get your boarding number, wait for your number to be called, go to ship. That's it. :)

If you forgot to tip the porter.....you're luggage might wash ashore a few weeks later.

David

The Manhattan port has been updated but still a little crazy. Make sure your luggage is handed to an official porter, luggage tags firmly affixed, and placed on a cart for YOUR SHIP.

I have never seen so many "have you seen this bag" flyers until our last two sailings out of Manhattan...hmmm? possibly they didn't tip :D

Just arrive on time and take it SLOW.......

You get out of the cab, give your luggage to a porter, go inside the terminal, through security, fill out the health questionnare, go to check-in, go to waiting area and get your boarding number, wait for your number to be called, go to ship. That's it. :)

The one thing missing here, after you get on board - enjoy yourself for the next 7 days.

After you board the ship, skip the buffet and go to the open main dining room for lunch and get waited on to start you vacation properly. The main dining room is hardly ever crowded and it is very nice to be able to sit down with what every you carried onboard and let the crew bring you a drink and your lunch. Have a awesome cruise. :cool: