Reserving Entertainment on the Allure

Hi All

I have been reading on these boards about the various entertainment options, such as Chicago, the Ice Show, the Aqua Show, etc. Is it indeed advisable to prebook these, especially for a group of 6? Even though I love to plan, I hate to schedule every single moment, you know? But if I need to, I will, but how soon can you do this? I went on the RCL website and they said it's too soon right now. We are sailing Allure on April 13. Thanks so much!

Entertainment reservations open 90 days before sailing..

We were able to make (show/dining) reservations for four people on two separate (cruise) reservations - you can add related (cruise) reservations to your own (cruise) reservation and then make (show/dining) reservations for all related guests.. :D

And I would add that it is advisable to book shows (and possibly restaurants) that you absolutely know you want to go to. You can always make changes to (or cancel) your reservations once onboard, but some shows will book up, and you don't want to have to wait in the standby line if you can avoid it. I am generally a planner, but didn't really like this aspect of preparing for our Allure trip either (on cruises I like to be more laid back, especially when I already have to plan excursions). It wound up not being a huge deal - I just had to make sure I kept track of whether we had a show that night (your schedule is on your TV in your room, so it's pretty easy).

Thanks so much for the response! Which particular shows are not to be missed? I know I want to see Chicago - is it the whole Broadway show, or just highlights? And are there more than one Aqua Show?

The Chicago presentation is not the entire Broadway show, it's been shortened to 90 minutes.

Thanks so much for the response! Which particular shows are not to be missed? I know I want to see Chicago - is it the whole Broadway show, or just highlights? And are there more than one Aqua Show?

They're all excellent. We just saw them in Nov , except the ice show which we missed because I had the wrong time in my head lol. The Aqua show is one show, but I remember they did at least one exhibition type that didn't require reservations. The fact is, you're not planning "every minute". We had one show per day except for one day reserved. That night we had dinner at a specialty restaurant.

We've seen Chicago on Broadway and the one onboard is a shortened, condensed type version, but it's good.

Edited by BND

Hi Roxy,

We are going on the Allure April 6th and still can't book our shows either. I have tried calling RC, but keep getting out on an indefinite hold. I have seen bookings open up between 90 and 120 days out, so I am not sure what is going on.

Hope we get through soon!

just got off the Allure... do not miss the oceanaria aqua show, blue planet, the ice show, and chicago.. they are all fantastic I didn't thnk the comedians this time were so good.. you can usually get into the comedy show so if you don't want to book that one ahead.. but definitely reserve the others..

Edited by Host Star

There is only 1 aqua show that needs to be booked - OceanAria and no, don't miss it!! I believe that there is another aqua show towards the end of the cruise (so sorry, cannot remember the name!) but this does not require reservations.

We did not feel Chicago was that great but maybe because we went to the 10:30 show and were pretty tired. Nothing compared to seeing it on Broadway, that is for sure.

When the shows open up is a crap shoot. Just continue to watch for it under your reservation. Also someone on your roll call will give a heads up when they become available. ;) Try to see them all.

The aqua show is a don't miss. We saw Blue Planet and a comedian, which were very good. Missed our Ice Games reservation, but caught the How to Train Your Dragon ice show and the Dreamworks characters aqua show late in the week, neither of which you make reservations for. We purposely missed Chicago...just weren't that interested. We also managed to sneak in a movie in the theater!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app