Has this happened before?

roberts2005

I am presently in Moore and debating wether to take the 2:00 PM or 4:00 PM ferry. Not sure what the Hilton would charge for a late check out. I would have rather gone to ship, as planned, relax and unpack. Really feel that it is unfair.

I did take O air with a deviation

I am presently in Moore and debating wether to take the 2:00 PM or 4:00 PM ferry. Not sure what the Hilton would charge for a late check out. I would have rather gone to ship, as planned, relax and unpack. Really feel that it is unfair.

I did take O air with a deviation

Ask the Hilton if they will store your luggage and check out at normal time and lounge by the pool. We stayed at the Moorea Pearl and they did not charge us for a later check out. I thought we would have to leave by 11 am but they let us stay till 1 pm for free. Ask - you have nothing to lose. Take the later ferry and then you will not have to deal with everyone boarding Marina at once. The lines were huge when we boarded the Marina since everyone had been waiting around for hours. It was a zoo.

Don't forget those who Oceania is costing additional money. They purchased this cruise and planned their trip with the understanding that they could board by early afternoon thus not incurring costs for extra time in hotels or wherever they end up plus meals that were included and now required to incur double costs for purchasing their own meals while missing out on their already paid for onboard meals.

As you said, this is not a surprise to O and the incoming people are owed compensation for this total screw-up.

I understand O position on not letting 2000 passengers' on board a 1200 passenger ship. What the problem for me is the fact the passengers who will board at 8;30AM getting an extra day on board with breakfast and lunch.

I understand O position on not letting 2000 passengers' on board a 1200 passenger ship. What the problem for me is the fact the passengers who will board at 8;30AM getting an extra day on board with breakfast and lunch.

My sentiments exactly and why I said what I did. Totally unfair and a shame O couldn't simply have the on board people disembark at the normal time an reserve space at a hotel for them at O's cost while allowing all of the incoming people to board at their normal time.

It's not like O was unaware of this many many months ago. Think what O is thinking if they are thinking is that they will have 1200 disembarking people leaving the ship happy that they were able to have extra time on board and that since the boarding people are just starting their cruise they will forget about how they were disenfranchised and treated as second class citizens by having their boarding delayed and causing them to spend more money as well as impacting their enjoyment of the ship.

My sentiments exactly and why I said what I did. Totally unfair and a shame O couldn't simply have the on board people disembark at the normal time an reserve space at a hotel for them at O's cost while allowing all of the incoming people to board at their normal time.

It's not like O was unaware of this many many months ago. Think what O is thinking if they are thinking is that they will have 1200 disembarking people leaving the ship happy that they were able to have extra time on board and that since the boarding people are just starting their cruise they will forget about how they were disenfranchised and treated as second class citizens by having their boarding delayed and causing them to spend more money as well as impacting their enjoyment of the ship.

I do not understand why the people getting off get a bonus. They knew what normal disembarkation time is. I have booked one night post cruise through O. Can't wait to find out what time they get us off the ship

I do not understand why the people getting off get a bonus. They knew what normal disembarkation time is. I have booked one night post cruise through O. Can't wait to find out what time they get us off the ship

The normal disembarkation time is right after breakfast around 9 AM. You are now being allowed to stay aboard until 4:30 and not out of your cabin until noon. You now have lunch included, non-alcoholic beverages, and a base to explore the local town all included that you would not have had. Also, if you were disembarked at the regular time, you might have to wait until 3 PM to get your room and you would be stuck in the hotel lobby watching your luggage. People flying out would be delivered to the airport with around 12 hours to wait for their flight.

If you don't think that is a bonus, that would be very confusing.

As I will be on the April 5th cruise from Papeete and arrive on an Oceania arranged flight at 4:45 am (no air deviation) the day of the cruise, I am interested in how it all worked out with embarcation. 'Id be interested in hearing from anyone on the 1/15 or 1/25 cruises from Papeete what time they were ACTUALLY allowed to get on the ship. Seems there are conflicting reports on the time you will be able to board the ship.

Bill

As I will be on the April 5th cruise from Papeete and arrive on an Oceania arranged flight at 4:45 am (no air deviation) the day of the cruise, I am interested in how it all worked out with embarcation. 'Id be interested in hearing from anyone on the 1/15 or 1/25 cruises from Papeete what time they were ACTUALLY allowed to get on the ship. Seems there are conflicting reports on the time you will be able to board the ship.

Bill

Different people said different things. Met some people who had an early flight and had breakfast on ship. Met some one else bought a day pass because they didn't think they could board

We took a 2:00 PM ferry from Moorea and boarded after 3:00

Different people said different things. Met some people who had an early flight and had breakfast on ship. Met some one else bought a day pass because they didn't think they could board

We took a 2:00 PM ferry from Moorea and boarded after 3:00

3:00 is better than 5:00 to board! We have a veranda not a penthouse so I am not sure if that would effect boarding time.

Guess I see both sides, since you are able to check your bags and take local tours. If you arrive early a.m. into Europe, most hotels won't allow you to check in unless they just have rooms available. You check your bags, wash your face, and see the local sights. What's so different here. I was amazed, at the end of my last cruise, at all the people arriving early in the morning (pre-9:00 am) trying to get on the ship! Oceania did the same thing, told them check their bags and take a local tour (or maybe just a hike!);)