Royal Romance Nightmares

Our wedding day is 2 weeks away & Royal Romance contacted us for the final details just one month ago. We ordered a cake through Royal Caribbean, a Ice Sculpture for the reception, and rented a photographer. Well now, (2 weeks out), Royal Romance tells us they cannot get us a cake, ice sculpture or book the photographer.

Does anybody have a good contact for someone at Royal Romance, most importantly a supervisor…or a good contact at Royal Caribbean altogether? This is outrageous that they would tell us all this just 2 weeks out from the day & something needs to be done. I appreciate any help you can give.

Thanks!

are you using Royal to provide those items? Seems strange as they have all three already on ship. Our son got married using Royal Romance and they had everything ready and waiting. The ship photographer took all pictures and cake was in room they were using for ceremony. Wish I could give you a name but they married on Freedom. I would try contacting your travel agent if you booked your room through one. They might have a name of someone at Royal. (even tho I don't think they handle the wedding package, they probably have contacts) Good Luck!

I too am very surprised at them (RCI) not being able to provide the things you have requested..doesn't sound correct if everything was indeed being handled by them per the onboard wedding coordinator

If RCI's Resolutions dept can't help you might also try:

Executive Guest Advocate

(866) 440-7225

Best of luck and congratulations on your upcoming wedding...Stressful now but I know everything will work out.

I too am very surprised at them (RCI) not being able to provide the things you have requested..doesn't sound correct if everything was indeed being handled by them per the onboard wedding coordinator

I agree, and I currently see ice carvings, wedding cakes, photography, and floral design all available on the RCI website (Royal Romance). It stipulates to arrange for these enhancements at least 45 days prior to the sailing date. And 'due to availability, Royal Romance reserves the right to substitute items of equal or greater value'. Nothing about not providing what you have planned and paid for!

I would attempt to contact your wedding coordinator on Monday, and if you get the same (unbelievable!) story, then escalate it to their supervisor and beyond. I can't imagine the stress this is causing you, and hope that all will be smooth for your very special day. ;)

Ok, I answered my own question. You posted on January 3rd that you were "starting to plan" your wedding. So, you tried to do it last minute and they can't accomadate you. I believe another poster stated they need 45 days notice?? So, not surprising, sorry! Can you postpone?

Thank you for that number!

@MaureenCruiser I forgot to mention that our paperwork for all details like cake, ice sculpture & photographer was sent back in March 2013 when we paid in full to reserve the wedding. It's now 2 weeks away and they're just now saying they can't reserve it. It's my guess Royal Romance dropped the ball with the holidays and didn't reserve these details 45 days out like they we're suppose too.

Rest assure I will be back on the phone with them Monday morning raising hell.

Ah thanks! I'll tell you, I havent heard great things about the Romance Department. It's too bad they can't do a better job. Keep calling, be flexible and it will all work out. Maybe bring your own photographer? I see you have 70 people sailing.....just thinking out loud...

Additionally....photographs are part of the package when you get married - so they can't book you for a ceremony and then say sorry no photographer is available. They are then not holding up their end of the contract that you signed in March 2013. You're entitled to 1 hour of photography and i think 40 photos from that hour, as part of the normal package.

Email the CEO, his rep Laura? I think her name is, is wonderful.

agoldstein@rccl.com

Tell them you have 70 people, on a wedding you booked last march...

I absolutely agree wit this post. We had an issue with some reservations recently and I sent a well worded and polite e-mail to Mr. Goldstein, not ever expecting an reply. To my pleasant surprise, within two hours I had a call from one of his representatives who apologized for the problem and took care of everything immediately.

I think the key is not to be "snarky"...just state the facts and be clear about how you want the issue resolved.

Good luck.

I'd have to go back and reread his other posts, but, it is my understanding their wedding is in Grand Cayman, not on the ship. I didn't know RR could help with this, but, I guess they did and now they can't get local photographers and such? Is that right, OP? If it is, I certainly hope RR didn't think they could wait till 1 month out to book in Grand Cayman. :confused:

I'd have to go back and reread his other posts, but, it is my understanding their wedding is in Grand Cayman, not on the ship. I didn't know RR could help with this, but, I guess they did and now they can't get local photographers and such? Is that right, OP? If it is, I certainly hope RR didn't think they could wait till 1 month out to book in Grand Cayman. :confused:

Royal Romance offers a variety of packages, including both shipboard and destination weddings: http://www.royalcaribbean.com/weddings/productBundle.do?pagename=web_page_weddings_landing_packages. Several friends of mine booked St. Thomas beach weddings via Royal Romance, and everything went perfect. I'm interested to hear back from the OP regarding her planning issues, and hoping for good news!

Ah thanks! I'll tell you, I havent heard great things about the Romance Department. It's too bad they can't do a better job. Keep calling, be flexible and it will all work out. Maybe bring your own photographer? I see you have 70 people sailing.....just thinking out loud...

I like this idea. I took better pictures using an old Nikon D40 than their photogs running around blinding everyone with the flash and washing everything out. I'd hope they give something better for a wedding than those $20 prints from the shop. Best of luck!

I like this idea. I took better pictures using an old Nikon D40 than their photogs running around blinding everyone with the flash and washing everything out. I'd hope they give something better for a wedding than those $20 prints from the shop. Best of luck!

I was nervous about entrusting a ship photographer to my wedding too, but thankfully, she did a good job. I had some friends take photos too (way more than the ship did) so I have those in addition to the ships. She did capture some very nice photos though, overall i was happy with the experience (though not so much when they just forget to tell me i could get on the ship, when my non sailing guests had already boarded and all of us sailing guests weren't told to get on).