JEEPS in Aruba

arlene905

We rented a jeep in Aruba in Jan.04 from Economy Car Rental(right in Aruba). They are located just 5 min. from the port. With prior arrangements we were picked up right at the end of the dock,approx. 8-8:30am. We were taken to the rental agency and picked up our Jeep. Had it all day and just returned it with a full tank of gas. We were then taken back to the ship at end of the day.(I think we had it till 5pm). You will have a ball and you can't get lost. Atleast not more than a few minutes. People there very friendly and helpful. Plus a map of the area is helpful. Have fun!!!!!!! The web site I used was www.economyaruba.com and the phone number there is 011-297-5 830200. I emailed them back and forth a couple of times to set up an appt. for pick-up and to answer a few questions I had. There were two couples of us and the price was VERY GOOD!!!! You will also have plenty of time when you get back to the ship to enjoy the port right near the dock. Very clean,safe and some fun

places to go for shopping or drinks.. Hope this helps you out. Linda:D

P.S. A MUST do with your jeep is an "off road" trip out to the natural bridge. Many of the jeep excursions off the ship(expensive) do that same route....:rolleyes:

Arlene, Yes I think they do have jeep rentals right at the port but they go very fast. You would have to be off the ship early to get one from what I hear. I also think they are more costly because they don't have that many available. It really was very easy to be picked up at the dock. We just walked off the ship and down to the end of the dock and waited on the corner. If I remember correctly they even told us where to stand in front of what store.... We only waited a few minutes and the guy pulled up and took us to the rental place. Very quick and easy. We rented a Jimmy 4x4. It was small but fit the four of us with no problem.Unless of course the man happens to be a football player size guy, you might want a bigger jeep. It was so much fun we really didn't care if it was samll. Our"s:p came with a removal top and we removed it. Had a little light rain for 5-10 min. but it's so hot you really didn't care. If you go to the site you can see what is available in the different size jeeps. If you go "off road" to the natural bridge you WILL need a 4-wheel drive and not just a car rental. Linda

p.s. Our jeep was in good condition and not very old at all....

Archived