Heading out on Serenade today

momof4_tn

Sorry, I misspoke, the RCI website calls it "Smart Casual".

No problem. I have never really noticed a difference in dining room attire on any night other than formal. The only exception being the first evening when you tend to see a little more leniency because some folks might not have unpacked yet or something like Halloween when people wear wild costumes.

I personally always wear a tux for formal night but that is becoming the exception rather than the rule. Airline luggage restrictions being what they are, I just don't want to pack a sportcoat in addition to my tux.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Are you on the TA if so see you onboard. This will be our 3rd TA but the first cruise out of NOLA. WE were on the Serenade last Nov and really enjoyed the cruise and the Diamond lounge concierge was great. Didnt think the cruise director was that good dont know who it will be in April.

I WISH I was on a TA!!! We're on the Apr. 12 Western Caribbean. This, too, is our first cruise out of NOLA. We're very excited. It's so close to home for us. We would like to cruise out of there more. Looking forward to the experience!

Just curious, does anyone know why RC only cruises out of NOLA Nov-Apr?

We have returned. I will get the compasses scanned into PDF format tomorrow and loaded. We were on the Key West/Bahama itinerary. I have to get my pics loaded as well. We had a great week, and for the person who asked about differences in Voyager class and this ship. I will get my thoughts posted as well, because that was one of my main concerns.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Are you posting them here or somewhere else?

I've only been on the voyager class and up. Can you compare or let's say would you recommend the Serenade if you've been on larger ships. Please let us know when you return, thanks, also, what ports will you be going to?

For motion if that bothers you then you will feel more uncomfortable. I consider all of the ship a lot smaller yet they have a lot going all day long. Especially music! Just back from the western on Jan 11th. Had a few problems that RCCL could of taken better care of but in general the Serenade is a beautiful ship with hard working and friendly staff.

If anyone has questions regarding the western sailing I can try and answer, that way, both eastern and western can be covered on this thread. Five of seven family members sailed as Emerald members and between all of us did most of what was offered onboard and booked one RCL sponsored excursion and one private excursion.

If anyone has questions regarding the western sailing I can try and answer, that way, both eastern and western can be covered on this thread. Five of seven family members sailed as Emerald members and between all of us did most of what was offered onboard and booked one RCL sponsored excursion and one private excursion.

What excursions did you book?

Thanks and congrats on being Emerald. We'll become Emerald this summer!

We're on SOS Western. What excursions did you do?

This is our first Radiance class ship. What did you like most about it?

Glad to see this thread!

Thanks!!

we will be on her March 1

need to know how to register for connections party

If you mean the Meet and Mingle, there is a box across from the first posting on this page on the right hand side. Click on Register for a Meet and Mingle.

What excursions did you book?

Bamboo Beach in Ocho Rios thru shore excursions. HORRIBLE!!

On our own we booked Nacho Cocum in Cozumel, EXCELLENT.

Walked around Grand Cayman & hit Jimmy Buffets for food, drinks & wifi.

Thanks and congrats on being Emerald. We'll become Emerald this summer!

We're on SOS Western. What excursions did you do?

This is our first Radiance class ship. What did you like most about it?

Glad to see this thread!

Thanks!!

Very easy to get around the ship and the glass is everywhere. Lots of places to sit outside. Inside, not so much. This is the smallest ship we will go on and the second time on her. I already posted on the excursions. Enjoy your cruise!

gbcruise....What was your weather like ... warm enough for the pool? What were Park Cafe hours?

thanks

11am-6pm for Park Café. Beware, it is packed in the afternoons from 4ish-6pm as the Windjammer is closed. Great weather for day 2,3,4 & 6 for pool. If you do not have to be right by the pool then you have lots of chairs in other areas and decks, both sun and shade.

We are heading out on Serenade today from New Orleans. This is our third cruise out of New

Orleans. If anyone has anything they need or want to know for an upcoming cruise, let me know.

I will be saving the Compasses to scan when we return.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I can't find the PDF anywhere. Would you please repost.

Thank you!!!!!