Booked on Zuiderdam "waitlisted" for SS - advice needed

Rachelleh

Hi everyone, we are booked in an aft VA balcony happy with the location, but according to the boards we will not be happy with the cabin, VA aft very narrow and very little storage space.

When we booked we were "waitlised" for an SS, only S avail. handicapped and after reading the boards I just felt to uncomfortable booking this cabin.

Ok, my TA told us that if an SS became avail, we would automatically be upgraded and my card charged. I would have to do nothing.

WRONG - I found SS availiblity on my TA's site and HAL's site, no email came noting the upgrade to SS, tried TA out of office for 2 weeks, tried to chg. direct with HAL, had to go via TA.

Now I have booked using my Plat. AMEX due to benefits and "upgraded service". Now no SS showing avail, and only the handicapped S at a lot more money avail.

I have emailed customer service for AMEX, detailing the situation, any advice out there from someone who has had the same problem, any resolution???

Thanks for the help, it is our 15th Anniversary and bummed about our TA not getting us the avail. cabin.

Rachelle

Sorry to hear you didn't get your SS. If I couldn't contact my TA for 2 weeks--particularly when I had a special request such as yours, I would most definitely get a NEW TA !

As for handicapped cabins, HAL will book these for non-handicpped passengers when they are not needed for a handicapped passenger.

If it's a week or two before sailing, and HAL offers to put you in a handicapped suite, it means no handicapped passenger has need of the cabin.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi everyone, we are booked in an aft VA balcony happy with the location, but according to the boards we will not be happy with the cabin, VA aft very narrow and very little storage space.
We were in 5180 & 5181 and found the cabins to be slightly narrower than 5183 & 5182, but the tradeoff is the triple veranda. It depends on how fond of the sun you are, and if you only have 2 pax in the cabin you'll be OK.
When we booked we were "waitlised" for an SS, only S avail. handicapped and after reading the boards I just felt to uncomfortable booking this cabin. Ok, my TA told us that if an SS became avail, we would automatically be upgraded and my card charged. I would have to do nothing. WRONG - I found SS availiblity on my TA's site and HAL's site, no email came noting the upgrade to SS, tried TA out of office for 2 weeks, tried to chg. direct with HAL, had to go via TA.
The SS cabins available on your TA's and HAL's sites are most likely for new bookings only. These will be sold before any leftovers are offered to already-booked cruisers as a free or paid upgrade.

Archived