Wine by the glass

timberlysmom

I'm not quite a wine snob, but I know what I like and don't like (Frei Brothers Cabernet Sauvignon is my hands-down favorite, for the rest of you wineos out there....). I'm sure I will order a bottle or two in the MDR, but I'm wondering about the wines available by the glass. Do they actually get poured from a bottle, or are they delivered by some fountain-type thing? I've been reading on these boards and read something about that contraption.... and I'll be honest, it kind of made me shudder. Of course I'll be taking a bottle with me...I'm trying to decide between a bottle of Moët & Chandon or a nice red... Decisions, decisions! Thanks in advance for any info. :) Oh! Here's a fun pic of me enjoying one of those nice reds...I should have my kids pull me around more often!. ImageUploadedByForums1389478086.337335.jpg.ccb2f97b88d59091d4667281aafec714.jpg

I'm not quite a wine snob, but I know what I like and don't like (Frei Brothers Cabernet Sauvignon is my hands-down favorite, for the rest of you wineos out there....). I'm sure I will order a bottle or two in the MDR, but I'm wondering about the wines available by the glass. Do they actually get poured from a bottle, or are they delivered by some fountain-type thing? I've been reading on these boards and read something about that contraption.... and I'll be honest, it kind of made me shudder. Of course I'll be taking a bottle with me...I'm trying to decide between a bottle of Moët & Chandon or a nice red... Decisions, decisions! Thanks in advance for any info. :) Oh! Here's a fun pic of me enjoying one of those nice reds...I should have my kids pull me around more often!. [ATTACH]298402[/ATTACH]

In the bars, they pour from a bottle, I believe they get wine for the Dining Room from a bar, so I imagine it's the same, but if we get wine in the dining room, we usually give in to the inevitable and get a bottle! The only place I've seen any sort of wine machine is the library bar on the Breeze, but the wine is still in bottles, they just have a machine to dispense it.

My advice would be to get the Cheers package. This gives you the freedom to try other wines you might not necessarily try back home. I'm normally a French or Italian white wine drinker so being able to try others was an added bonus. One white in particular cost exactly $10 a glass and was very nice indeed!

All the wines are served out of bottles and in the MDR they allowed me to sample the wine before making up my mind.

Also champagne and prosecco are included in the Cheers package.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Forums mobile app

Yay for no "wine machines!" I'm glad you mentioned the benefit of trying new wines with the Cheers program. I wasn't sure I would benefit from the program, but looking at it that way makes sense! I won't feel so bad abandoning a glass of $8-10 wine I don't like if I didn't really "pay" for it!

I'm definitely getting it again on my Splendor cruise this month. I can highly recommend the strawberry and champagne cocktail - The Show Stopper, served in the piano bar!

Also my white wine of choice was the pinot grigio Ecco Domani at $9.50 a glass.

Edited by Scotch Mist

The only wine I have seen come from a machine is attached to a bottle in the Library of the Breeze.. found it strange but functional.

There is no risk of oxidization of the wine if it is hung up in those machines ..

But anyway..

I have ordered a really great Italian Muscato and a fabulous Argentinian Malbec so no issues at all with ordering wine by the glass..

Cheers/Salut'

Usually wines are poured from a bottle. The Sunshine, with all of its upgrades, has a wine dispenser in the Library Bar. However, if you aren't interested in self-serve, no problem. There are plenty of other bars and opportunities for a little vino!

Carnival wine prices by the glass (size 6oz)

$11 - Conundrum, By Caymus

$10,75- Chardonnay La Crema

$10,50- Dow’s 20 Year Tawny

$10,25 - Cabernet Sauvignon, Louis Martini

$10 - (Burgundy) Pouilly-Fuisse, Barton & Guistier

$9,75- Cabernet Sauvignon, Hess

Pinot Noir & Merlot, Kendall Jackson VR

Fume Blanc, Robert Mondavi

$9,50- Paul Louis, Blanc De Blanc

$9 - Cabernet Sauvignon, Hess Select

$8,75- Chardonnay, Kendall Jackson

$8,25- Prosecco, Zonin

$7,50- Cabernet Sauvignon, Meridian

Shiraz, Peter Lehmann Weighbridge

Merlot, Murphy Goode (New Zealand) Sauvignon Blanc, Oyster Bay Moscato, Castello del Poggio (Tuscany) Chianti, Bella Sera

$7,25- Chardonnay, Robert Mondavi/Bogle Cabernet Sauvignon, Castle Rock

Pinot Noir, Mirassou

$7 - Riesling, Pine&Post (Australia) Shiraz, Black Swan

$6,75- Zinfandel, Fetzer/Twisted White Zinfandel, Beringer, Champagne, Korbel/Brut

$6,50- Pinot Noir Rex-Goliath Graham’s Six Grapes, Croft Distinction, White Zinfandel, Barefoot, Barefoot Brut Bubbly, Brut Cuvee

$6,25- (Argentina) Malbec, Bodega Norton, Santa Julia by Zuccardi

Chardonnay, Woodbridge/Barefoot

Cabernet Sauvignon, Barefoot Woodbridge, Pinot Grigio, Zonin

$6- Pinot Grigio, Ecco Domani*

$5,75- Cabernet Sauvignon, La Terre

(Chile) Santa Carolina – Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Cabernet Sauvignon

$5,25- Sandeman Port

$4,50- Quady Electra, Cockbum’s SR

Dow’s Late Vintage

$4- Washington Hills (2,5oz).

*Some of these prices are not up to date. The Ecco Domani is now $9.50.