Food options

mikezulu1985

Go into town and take the No# 10 jitney to Arawak Cay. You will have many places to choose from. True, fresh local flavor at a reasonable price. The only stop on our itinerary while in Nassau….Goldies :)

Do you really need a cab or the #10 jitney? Looking at a map, it doesn't seem too far to Goldie's from the cruise ship terminal. Is it walkable? Thx!!

Berni

I'd recommend Bahamian Kitchen on Trinity Place though the locals will call it Bahamian Cookin. Think Bahamian comfort food of conch fritters & mac & cheese. I'm told their pea soup is of legend but the locals will scarf it up if you get there late. They close at 5:00.

It's about 2-3 blocks from the cruise terminal.

Do you really need a cab or the #10 jitney? Looking at a map, it doesn't seem too far to Goldie's from the cruise ship terminal. Is it walkable? Thx!!

Berni

A easy walk for most. We usually walk there and stop at the Daquari stand on Junkanoo beach on our way back. Nice little atmosphere.

Plenty of Bahamian choices at Arawak Cay (Fish Fry). Don;t feel like the walk? Ask anyone where the #10 Jitney is, $1.25 each way. Sit and talk with the locals.

Fried, Stewed, or Nude ... Conch is pretty good stuff at any of those Fish Fry restaurants.

Enjoy!

There was a little tiny place just down the street before you get to Senior Frogs that ALL the locals were in line for the conch Fritters, if the locals are in line for it you know it is good!!! We had just eaten a very bad meal up the street otherwise I would have def gotten in the line for the conch fritters. And I have been told that the Fish Fry previously mentioned is great!!!!