Best beach near San Juan

Beachbum1944

We will be in San Juan in a couple weeks. Would like to know best beach near San Juan. We will need beach chairs and an umbrella, and food.

Thank you,

San Juan is not really a good port for beaches. We have spent time on Condado, but have not really seen people sitting there and soaking up the sun much. heres a short video of Condado

Some people talk about Isle Verde (?) being near but we haven't been there.

We went to isla verde last week and had a great day. Beach chair rentals for $4. We rented jet skis and went on banana boat ride. Lots of local venders and bigger restaurants to choose from.

Taxi was 22 for up to 5 people. No waiting to get taxi either way. Ride was around 15-20 mins.

I would defiantly go back again!

We went to isla verde last week and had a great day. Beach chair rentals for $4. We rented jet skis and went on banana boat ride. Lots of local venders and bigger restaurants to choose from.

Taxi was 22 for up to 5 people. No waiting to get taxi either way. Ride was around 15-20 mins.

I would defiantly go back again!

Michele...thank you for your information. I was wondering, did you go to a specific hotel? Or are the chairs available to rent on the beach? Thank you!

Patti

I'm not sure what hotel we were near as we just asked to be taken to isla verde beach. We got dropped off at a u shaped taxi stop. Seemed to be midway of the strip. The hotel right near us had really nice blue cushioned loungers all set up and a good sized right off the sand.

There was a guy renting lounge chairs for $4 all day till 5 but not the standard beach chair. Loungers were a bit worn but still fine.

Water was rough cuz it was windy which made for an exciting Time jet skiing. But being from the jersey shore we enjoy the waves.

Beach was not crowded at all.

Hope these details help. Please let me know if I missed anything that might help.

One last thing, after reading some posts on here I was concerned that it was really far and I misunderstood the taxi fare schedule( thought is was 22 per person) so I was unsure if we should go. I'm sooo glad we did!

San Juan is not a convenient place to go to a beach on a port stop.

LuLu

~~~~

Not sure why you would think this. Isla Verde is a great long stretch of beach with good waves. There are a few vendors who rent chairs and places to get food and drink. It takes about 15-20 minutes by taxi and the price is not per person but per taxi so it is really quite reasonable compared to other islands. I believe it is around $20 per taxi (plus tip).

Depending on the time of arrival in San Juan a beach visit easily possible.

Coming from the great white north, any beach is a good beach.

Even if you don't speak Spanish you will get a good view of Isla Verde.

plus more pics and reviews on tripadvisor:

http://www.tripadvisor.ca/Attraction_Review-g147320-d148046-Reviews-Isla_Verde-San_Juan_Puerto_Rico.html