Mercury FO cabin

Ma Bell

We've sailed many times with Celebrity, but never on a C-Class ship. I booked this cruise late and the FO cabin seems to be the best of what's available. It will be just my daughter and I this time. Anyone have any experience with these cabins?:)

Ma Bell,

We were in FO 1152 on the Mercury but that was back in 1998. Photos of this particular cabin can be seen through the link at the bottom of this post. In a nutshell, the cabin is roomy but it doesn't compare to the FVs you are used to! Even if you have never been on C-Class, I think you will really enjoy Mercury.

To me the only real drawback is that the cabin window is not private as there is a public deck that runs behind it. To some this is a good thing as this means that you have quick access to a deck despite not having a balcony. To me, it was a nuisance because you could never have your window shades open (there is a lacey curtain provided which lets light in but keeps prying eyes out).

There is an active thread on this board which talks about constant vibration problems at Mercury's aft area which is news to me. Back then we only felt vibration when the ship was pulling into and out of port but nothing when out in the open sea.

:) Hi Mahdnc,

I had a feeling you would be the one to respond. I really appreciate your thoughts. I have one booked, but think I will try to waitlist a skysuite and hope one becomes available.

What a very thoughtful thing to do! Like I said, hopefully a SS will open up for you. In the mean time, you should be getting more responses on the FO from more recent cruisers.....

Archived