Do ships departed from Copenhagen have Danish as 2nd language?

ML81

This may sound like a stupid question actually. :p

We've only done one cruise which departed from Rome, so of course we quickly found out that the two languages onboard were English and Italian. Ever since our cruise we've tried to convince my DH's parents that a cruise would be just them. They usually holiday in their caravan, but FIL has been a sailer in the navy in his earlier life. However they only speak Danish, so they always say that they wouldn't be able to understand what's being said.

So what I'm wondering is if the alternative language to English on these sailings is Danish or even Swedish, or Norwegian. And if yes, do they also have excursions with Danish/Swedish/Norwegian speaking guides?

We sailed out of Copenhagen in May 2013 and The re was no secondary languages. It's the same crew that'd be on the ship when it's in the us home port the other part if the year.

During our cruise we only ran into one guest that was even from Denmark. Rest were from the States, Australia and England. I'm sure many it her countries but that's all we ran across.

I think I'm right - and I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong - but I believe that a second language (and even a third) is used depending on the number of guests onboard who speak a particular language. So English will always be the first language but if the number of - say - Italian speakers reaches a particular number they will also speak Italian.

We have sailed on ships from Italy and Spain where they sometimes didn't speak Italian or Spanish but have also sailed on ships where German or French was spoken, despite not sailing from Germany or France.