AFC championship game

kosmo886

Hi all--will be on allure next Sunday and wondering if we should expect to have the muster drill interfere with the game. Pats are playing at 3 and I know departure is 5. Can someone let me know what time the muster drill is and if they understand that some people just want to watch the game? Fingers crossed...will be some angry passengers if we miss our Pats!

Maybe you'll get lucky and some of the muster drill will be over half time, but I wouldn't bank on it. Bob is right, their not going to change their schedule to accommodate yours. Good Luck and have a great cruise.

I would be surprised if they will change the time of muster.
They have for the Super Bowl before, but I'm not sure if that's an option with the new SOLAS muster drill rules.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Edited by Mark_K

We'll two things. I'm more concerned for my husband and brother in law being upset over missing it! Second-- does anyone know the time they have the muster drill for this ship/departure time?

Usually 45 to 60 minutes before departure.

Hi all--will be on allure next Sunday and wondering if we should expect to have the muster drill interfere with the game. Pats are playing at 3 and I know departure is 5. Can someone let me know what time the muster drill is and if they understand that some people just want to watch the game? Fingers crossed...will be some angry passengers if we miss our Pats!

You can be assured that the muster drill will interfere with the football game. During the drill all the TV's and video screens throughout the ship will be used for the safety video that will be shown.

Hi! We're on your sailing as well.

According to the Compass for this cruise, the muster is at 4:30. If I'm at home and bored, I often check out the webcams just before sail away and it seems like everyone is at their station (at least in the aqua theatre and based on no one in the promenade) starting at 4:30...and the promenade starts getting crowded at 4:45. I would agree with others that they won't change the muster time to accommodate the game. I guess anything is possible, but I have not experienced that previously and I often travel during playoff season.

I'm not too sure where they will show the game. I've heard they do on the Aqua theatre screens, but I also know they use the Aqua Theatre for the sail away party. So while it might be on those screens before muster, it seems that would not be a place to watch after the muster drill.

As the Chiefs were knocked out of the playoffs, I'm not too worried about watching the game. Good luck to your Pat's though.