Alaska Menus

Hate 2 W8t

I printed out the menus that someone kindly posted from the 7-day Caribbean itin. They include:Sailaway, Captains Welcome, Italian, Chef's Night, Captains Gala, Caribbean, and Landfall.

Can anyone recently off of the 7-day Alaskan itin tell me which themes they are using? I have heard mention of Continental (French) night. Does this replace Caribbean maybe? Are the Sailaway menus the same on all itin's? Are these CB menus really of any use to me? :confused:

Before I get flamed for trying to plan down to such a miniscule level, I am just trying to get an idea of what to expect each evening. I often discover I end up ordering a lot of red meat during extended periods away from home, resulting in feeling like total crap after a few days. I can usually divert myself to a non-red meat item early-on knowing I would prefer the prime rib later in the cruise, for example. I don't eat fish either, so that starts to limit my choices. Does this make sense? I'm just trying to balance my eating so I don't end up feeling totally gross half-way through my 2-week vacation.

Thanks to anyone who can offer some assistance!!! :D

Probably not much help but there is a "Continental Menu" which is basically the French menu and there is an Alaska Chef night which has a lot of seafood (Crab legs) - I think there is a Chicken Kiev on that menu.

From my memory there is (in no specific order) a Sailaway, Capt Welcome, Italian, Continental, Alaska Chef, Landfall.... I think the Capt Gala is also there (2nd formal night).

Hopefully someone can fill in the other details. Prime rib is still the first night and last night.

The menus are very simliar to the Caribbean menus with the exception of those 2 nights. Though the menus are not always identical. Also, the desserts are a little different - for example, Love Boat dream is only on the last night.

We were on the Island Princess on 6/11 and our recollection is the French dinner was the third night (we went to Bayou resturant and skipped the frog legs :)). The Alaskan dinner the fourth night. The landfall dinner was an American theme (turkey and prime rib).

Archived