1st Time Cruiser Question about Embarkation

Bluetothecore

I know this is probably covered in some other thread but there are so many with conflicting opinions.

We're setting off on Freedom on Feb 22nd. I'm trying to pre-book our shuttle transfer from the hotel(Doubletree by Hilton) to the port.

Having never cruised before, when should I arrange for the shuttle to pick us up?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.......

I know this is probably covered in some other thread but there are so many with conflicting opinions.

We're setting off on Freedom on Feb 22nd. I'm trying to pre-book our shuttle transfer from the hotel(Doubletree by Hilton) to the port.

Having never cruised before, when should I arrange for the shuttle to pick us up?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.......

Our cruise starts when we get on the ship and like to get there early.

If you want to board early and dont mind something of a wait would get to the port by 11.

It is a matter of preference. We like to get the 9:30/10:00 slot. At the desk, when you check in...tell them you are using the shuttle they provide. They will have certain "time slots". Have a GREAT TIME.

Thanks a lot for the advice. I don't suppose you would recommend any particular shuttle company in Fort Lauderdale?

No Susie its the Doubletree by Hilton at Sawgrass Mills........if that means anything to you

Oh...ok. That is on Sunrise Blvd.

This is a 15 minute ride to the cruise port.

I do not think this Hilton has their own shuttle. (some hotels do and some don't)

Ask at the desk when you check in. If they do...sign up for it. I do not know how many people are in your party, but if they don't, it would be a lot cheaper to take a cab then to hire a private shuttle. A 15 minute ride would be between 15 and 20 dollars.

The same for when you come out of Fort Lauderdale Airport. If you get in one of the shuttles lined up outside....they charge about $18 per person.

Go to the taxi stand (you will see the signs) and it will be $18 total...not per person.

Edited by susie8862
xxxsss

Oh...ok. That is on Sunrise Blvd.

This is a 15 minute ride to the cruise port.

I do not think this Hilton has their own shuttle. (some hotels do and some don't)

Ask at the desk when you check in. If they do...sign up for it. I do not know how many people are in your party, but if they don't, it would be a lot cheaper to take a cab then to hire a private shuttle. A 15 ride would be between 15 and 20 dollars.

The same for when you come out of Fort Lauderdale Airport. If you get in one of the shuttles lined up outside....they charge about $18 per person.

Go to the taxi stand (you will see the signs) and it will be $18 total...not per person.

Excellent advice Susie. To the point, I like that. Thanks a lot.