A question about the Porch

packyourpixiedust

Is the Porch opened on embarkation day for lunch? And is it hot there while the ship is in port- do they have fans or anything?

Yes, it is open on embarkation, and yes it's hot out there as it's not an enclosed space, and yes, they do have a couple of fans.

Hope that answers your questions.

There was a fan near the automatic sliding doors leading out to the elevators. When someone walked into the porch and the doors opened, you could feel the fan sucking the cold air from the A/C section of the ship, blowing it in your direction.

We sat out there one afternoon with a group drinking our leftover wine from the TA, and were relieved every time someone walked into the Porch.

Personally did not care for the food up there, and certainly wouldn't go up there for lunch on embarkation day.

We ate there on embarkation day last year. The sun baked us and there was no air flow. While the food is okay, I didn't think it was worth paying anything extra for. Will seek another (crowd avoidance) alternative next month when I return to the Reflection.

We ate at the Porch twice last cruise. Worst service I have ever had on a cruise ship where we always get great service! We were ignored for at least 15 minutes, took another 10 to get menus, another 15 to get our order in, etc.

Always prefer our first lunch at Bistro on 5, where the service us sometimes a bit slooow but always attentive.

• 3 weeks later...

Dined at the porch several times on our 1/18/2014 cruise and received great service. We had rented an alcove for the week and they delivered our orders to us in our alcove...always with a smile and good, hot food.

We dined in the venue itself on embarkation day and it did not open until noon, but everything was good and fast.

We had a number of experiences at The Porch on both Silhouette and Reflection. None were on embarkation day. All were great experiences. Service was quick and friendly, and the food was good. We sailed Silhouette on it's first Caribbean season and Reflection on it's second sailing in Europe, so our experiences were not recent ones.

The Porch was where I had my very favorite breakfast on the Silhouette! The Pomodoro Panini was so delicious, I had it three times! I'd recommend going there. We also ate there for lunch one day while in port, and there was no trouble with heat. That was early May, so not extremely hot yet.