Stateroom across from Laundry Room?

Another Cruise

Have you ever been in a stateroom that was right across the hall from the laundry room? We just got our gty room assingment and that is our location. We are on a 15 day cruise so the laundry room could be a busy place. Anyone know about the noise and will my cabin have have a "fresh Downey smell"? Everything else about the location is OK. Just keep thinking about that laundry room.

I do not recall any Laundry Room problems with noise or that fresh Downy smell (I like that smell). They do have signs posted not to run the machines too early or late. The door is always to be shut as well.

Good Luck. Hope you make out ok.

My favorite 15 day Panama Cruise...........Enjoy :)

We had the room across from the laundry room for a 15 day cruise once and the main problem we had was people having loud discussions in the hallway while we were trying to nap. Also had people bring chairs down so they could talk in front of our cabin but one call to the Pursers office cleared that up. if you can keep the people IN the laundry room you are ok.

I just returned from the Grand Princess and we were 1 cabin down from the laundry room on the Caribe deck (port side). I just about went crazy with the door sqeaking open and having it slam about a hundred times an hour. People would do their laundry at 5:00am up until 1:00am ! It would have been a wonderful improvement if the door could have been propped open...I asked...no dice. They tried to WD40 the latch but that did nothing. Never again!

We had a mini-suite on the Coral that was right across from the laundry and didn't hear a thing during a 10 nighter. I absolutely LOVED being near the laundry since I was travelling with my 2 sons and it was very convenient to throw in a load of beach towels every other day or so (got to pack light tto). I could just step out of my stateroom and iron our clothes in a jiffy when necessary. Came home with suitcases of clean laundry!!

I like being laundry so much, I actually look for it on deck plans now.

(Yeah, I'm insane -- LOL))

Only once did we regret being directly opposite the laundry room. It was on Regal Princess, down on Plaza Deck.

Aside from the noise associated with "customers" in the companionway to avoid the heat in the laundry room, two women (they were not ladies) got into a fistfight over who should have a machine first. A real cat fight, which was quickly broken up.

Aside from that incident, it can be very handy to be close to the laundry room.

I used the laundry room on the Island Princess, and in thinking back, I bet the door slamming drove the people across the hall nuts. It is a very heavy door, and the air pressure in the laundry room made it very diffucult to open, which means is slammed shut. Good luck.

Never had any late nite problems with the laundry room across the hall. One afternoon we were doing an, ''IN DEPTH' inspection of our room and the "Chatty Cathys" in the hall were a minor distraction. But I'm a guy. :D

Dan

just got off the Diamond 2 weeks ago- we were directly across from laundry room on Aloha deck- never heard it one time- we got soaked in Ketchikan and I threw our clothes in the dryer when we got back, left our door open so I could possibly hear people going in/out and never did- it was very handy! It never did appear to be busy- also, my husband pressed his Dockers there two different nights

Have you ever been in a stateroom that was right across the hall from the laundry room? We just got our gty room assingment and that is our location. We are on a 15 day cruise so the laundry room could be a busy place. Anyone know about the noise and will my cabin have have a "fresh Downey smell"? Everything else about the location is OK. Just keep thinking about that laundry room.

We stayed directly across from a laundry room on our last cruise and you really won't even no it is there. It is convenient though if you need to do laundry!

Scott

We, too, had a cabin on the Caribe deck on the Golden Princess one year, right across from the laundry room. What a great location! I didn't notice any noise, but it was so convenient to throw in a load of wash and go back to that beautiful, big balcony in my cabin while doing the laundry. I wish I had the same set-up at home!

Joan

it was very convenient to throw in a load of beach towels every other day or so (got to pack light tto).

Beach towels???:confused: Doesn't Princess provide beach towels?

We are across from the Dolphin deck laundry on the Coral. :eek:

:eek:

Nope, no beach towels on my two Princess cruises (Coral and Grand). They give you pool towels but they're kind of small and we like big beach towels so we bring them along.

We had a minisuite across from the laundry on Baja Deck while sailing a 15 day Panama cruise in April. There was never a noise problem, and the laundry room door was locked from 10 pm to 7 am. Most people were polite about the wait (only 2 machines per deck) and courteous about taking turns.

Enjoy.

icon12.gifNo beach towels.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iamthesea

:eek:

Nope, no beach towels on my two Princess cruises (Coral and Grand). They give you pool towels but they're kind of small and we like big beach towels so we bring them along.

As long as we get a towel and I don't have to pack any, I'm fine!

Archived