Can someone confirm? Breeze = bigger Ecstasy?

SpeedsterX

I am going on the Breeze for the first time this March ad I was browsing some of the Breeze reviews and noticed that the Breeze has the exact same layout as the smaller Ecstasy. Is this correct? I have been on the Ecstasy twice last year and very familiar with her. It seems like all the dining rooms, bars, shops, atrium, everything seems to be in the exact same places as on the Ecstasy except different names. Am I crazy or is this correct?

I am going on the Breeze for the first time this March ad I was browsing some of the Breeze reviews and noticed that the Breeze has the exact same layout as the smaller Ecstasy. Is this correct? I have been on the Ecstasy twice last year and very familiar with her. It seems like all the dining rooms, bars, shops, atrium, everything seems to be in the exact same places as on the Ecstasy except different names. Am I crazy or is this correct?

Not correct.

Carnival Breeze.

Dream-class cruise ship

Tonnage:128,500 GT[3]

10,250 DWT[4]

Length:305.60 m (1,002.6 ft)[4]

Beam:37.2 m (122 ft)[3]

Draught:8.20 m (26.9 ft)[4]

Decks:15

Speed:22.5 knots (41.7 km/h; 25.9 mph)

Capacity:3,690 passengers

Crew:1,386

Carnival Ecstasy

Class & type:Fantasy-class cruise ship

Tonnage:70,367 GT

Length:855 ft (261 m)

Beam:103 ft (31 m)

Draft:7.80 m (25 ft 7 in)

Decks:12

Installed power:2 × Sulzer-Wärtsilä 8ZAV40S

4 × Sulzer-Wärtsilä 12ZAV40S

42,240 kW (combined)

Propulsion:Two propellers

Speed:21 knots (39 km/h; 24 mph)

Capacity:2,056 passengers (lower berths)

2,634 passengers (all berths)

Crew:920

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - Please excuse any errors.

Most of Carnival ships have similar layouts - restaurant locations, etc - but as others have already said they are quite different in offerings and experiences available.

Dining Rooms Breeze: Deck 3 and 4. Dining Rooms Ecstasy: Deck 8. Promenade Deck Breeze: Deck 5. Promenade Deck Ecstasy: Deck 9 Atrium Breeze: Deck 3. Atrium Ecstasy: Deck 7. Showroom Breeze: Deck 3, 4, 5. Showroom Ecstasy: Deck 8 and 9

Edited by christmas

It looks like you have been on the Dream before... the Breeze is like the Dream, just with some minor differences. Not like the Ecstasy at all.

Excellent observation!

Yes - OP...think more about the Dream - it's a "sister ship" to the Breeze.

Edited by happy cruzin

It looks like you have been on the Dream before... the Breeze is like the Dream, just with some minor differences. Not like the Ecstasy at all.

YES!!!! That's it!! Sorry, it reminded me of the DREAM that I was on last year. Very familiar! Thanks for the correction! I loved the Dream!

YES!!!! That's it!! Sorry, it reminded me of the DREAM that I was on last year. Very familiar! Thanks for the correction! I loved the Dream!

They are technically sister ships, so it will be very easy to get around the Breeze. On Breeze, some things got moved into different places (steakhouse, basketball court, elimination of a lounge, shrunk the comedy club), but it will be very familiar. Breeze added in a 4D theater on deck 4, at an extra cost. Breeze toned down the decor, which is praised around these boards, but I prefer flashy crazy decor when on vacation. I've got enough toned down decor all around me in my home town. Breeze's waterpark is a little different, but just as good as Dream's. Breeze added in a ropes course above the mini golf, which was shrunk down to 9 holes. Part of a higher deck was eliminated on Breeze, and a few more staterooms were added. Breeze has Guys burgers, Blue Iguana cantina, and the Red Frog Pub that Dream doesn't have. Breeze has much much worse entertainment in the theater. Breeze changed the indoors part of the lido buffet area, with a lot of walls & sections, creating extra bottlenecks at busy times. They also use those super-slick floors, so watch your step. All things considered, I prefer Dream, but the Breeze is still good.

Edited by k2excursion