Bringing wine on board.

Gitgoin!

Anywhere.

In NYC port if any glass bottle is spotted in your scan (carry-on) you are directed immediately to a table just past Security to pay the $15 corkage fee.

If the bottle is in checked luggage, you will likely be called down to the "naughty room".

Edited by mizlorinj

Does a corkage fee apply if you have your wine in the cabin? Or is it just in public? Thanks!

Yes, They charge you the $15 per bottle (as many as you want to bring on board) when you embark. They charge your on board account. They even charge the fee to wine your TA sends to your room. I'm bringing on a case ($180 fee will be charged for the case). If you don't open bottles by the end of your sailing you can get credit on the final night, just go to guest services.

I don't mind the corkage at all. I've found that the stateroom attendant (or butler in a suite) is more than happy to serve the wine in the stateroom....opening it for you, bringing nice glasses and replacing them later with clean ones, keeping white wine on ice. Everything you'd expect from paying corkage.

Yes, They charge you the $15 per bottle (as many as you want to bring on board) when you embark. They charge your on board account. They even charge the fee to wine your TA sends to your room....

Wrong, wrong, wrong.

Travel Agents almost always buy from the cruiseship. They pay NLC for the bottle. There is no corkage fee on bottles purchased from NCL.

If the agent or you buy if from somewhere else and have it sent to the ship, then there will be a corkage fee.

Again, the bottle that NCL or your TA buys from NCL and sends to your room is not charged a corkage fee.

Wrong, wrong, wrong.

Travel Agents almost always buy from the cruiseship. They pay NLC for the bottle. There is no corkage fee on bottles purchased from NCL.

If the agent or you buy if from somewhere else and have it sent to the ship, then there will be a corkage fee.

Again, the bottle that NCL or your TA buys from NCL and sends to your room is not charged a corkage fee.

I'm sorry if I gave wrong information. I just was relaying what I read at the NCL website.... If the TA's can purchase directly from NCL so we don't have to pay the corkage fee that's great..Here is the info I read from the site.

Wine & Champagne Policy

Guests may bring bottles of wine and champagne on board. When bottles are brought on board and served or consumed in any restaurant, public room area or in their stateroom, a corkage fee will be charged according to bottle sizes noted below.

750 ml Bottle: $15.00

1,500 ml Magnum: $30.00

Wine or champagne sent directly to the ship by travel agents, friends, family, etc. or from another retail source, are subject to the same fees. Box wines are not allowed on board.