Celebrity Equinox 6/21/2014 out of Istanbul

LyleTx

A buddy and I are taking this cruise in celebration of each of us turning 50 this year. Staying 3 nights in Istanbul before the cruise, and 3 nights in Rome afterward. It would be great to meet other FODs who will also be on the cruise. Maybe we can arrange some excursions, etc.

Lyle & Bobby

Hi Lyle and Simon and bobby! My partner and I, and two other couples we are friends with, are also booked on this cruise and excited! Spending week before in Israel then three days in Istanbul, only one night after in Rome. Ready now!

Hello Simon and Auntsees. Where are you guys from? Auntsees, are the couples you are traveling with gay/lesbian as well? Any special excursions or sights you are planning on seeing? We just booked this trip without doing much research, so we would be interested in what we shouldn't miss. I'm more of a sun and beach kind of guy, but Bobby wants to stay out of the sun and heat and see the sights. Should be an interesting cruise. LOL

We are from Houston, too, Lyle! In what part of the city do you live?

The couples traveling with us are also lesbian couples. Like you, we didn't do much research and haven't really focused on plans for that cruise yet - we are focusing on our cruise next month from Houston, to get some of that beach and sun you mention!

Sounds like everyone is getting excited about the cruise. My Partner and I are going to Istanbul for three days prior to the cruise, and staying in Rome for three, before heading to Tuscany for four more days. (I'm exhaused just typing that )

This is our fouth cruise, but first Med. Cruise.......looking forward to it

Hey Simon. Where are you and your partner located? Have you reserved your hotels for Istanbul and Rome? We still haven't made any reservations. If you have any recommendations, I'd be glad to hear!

Hey Simon. Where are you and your partner located? Have you reserved your hotels for Istanbul and Rome? We still haven't made any reservations. If you have any recommendations, I'd be glad to hear!

Lyle - A couple of Canadians here, Toronto. Nothing booked yet, a good friend has recommended the "Maywood" in Istanbul. The location looks great......we are giving that some consideration. Nothing in Rome yet.

BTW Celebrity has the 123 promotion on again.....We called them, and they gave us the promotion. Free drink packages and Free gratituties.:)

Cheers!!!

Lyle - A couple of Canadians here, Toronto. Nothing booked yet, a good friend has recommended the "Maywood" in Istanbul. The location looks great......we are giving that some consideration. Nothing in Rome yet.

BTW Celebrity has the 123 promotion on again.....We called them, and they gave us the promotion. Free drink packages and Free gratituties.:)

Cheers!!!

Simon - I'll have to take a look at the Maywood. Glad you got the 123 promotion. I guess they had begun that offer when we made our reservation, as that was part of our booking. It made the decision a little easier. :)

I thought I might see you on the flight to Istanbul as I am flying through Toronto. However, on closer inspection, I'm only flying through Toronto on the return flight.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone, I'm glad our group won't be the only gays on board! There are 6 in our group with age ranges from 35 to 51, 4 gay boys and 2 straight girls. 4 of us are from the UK and 2 are from Finland but live in Sydney.

We've been on Equinox and Solstice a few times and loved Celebrity and the guests each time.

We will really look forward to meeting you all over cocktails!

Jason

Hi Jason. Thanks for posting. It sounds like a fun group you have there, and we definitely look forward to the cocktail hour(s)! It's good to know that you have enjoyed the ship in the past as this will be our first time on Celebrity

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Hi all!

I just booked this cruise, too. Probably will be on my own, since my partner cannot get that much time off. Still deciding whether to fly in on the day of the cruise or the night before. Hope to meet some or all of you.

Herbert

Hello Herbert. Welcome to the group! Looks like you are quite the experienced cruiser, and I see you have sailed on this ship before.

Yep. I am kind of addicted to cruising.:( I love the solstice class ships, including Equinox. Only kind of sad not be in aqua class this time. Just to costly for a one week getaway.

See you then,

Herbert

• 2 weeks later...

My partner and I are from Missouri and are also going to be on this cruise. We are pretty new to cruises, but are really excited. I will be celebrating my 54th birthday the first night. We are flying in to Istanbul 2 days early (Air Canada through Toronto) and are staying in Rome 2 nights after. We are really hoping to make some friends on the cruise! :)

My partner and I are from Missouri and are also going to be on this cruise. We are pretty new to cruises, but are really excited. I will be celebrating my 54th birthday the first night. We are flying in to Istanbul 2 days early (Air Canada through Toronto) and are staying in Rome 2 nights after. We are really hoping to make some friends on the cruise! :)

Looking forward to meeting you on the ship. I will be visiting MO before my Transatlantic in April, so I might be raving about your home state, when we see each other. :)

Hey Juan. Welcome aboard the board!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by LyleTx

We are flying AirCanada direct to Istanbul from Toronto in the afternoon of the 18th. Long flight, but I'm glad it's direct.:cool:

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the welcome, Lyle. Klettberg, where will you be in Missouri? We live near St. Louis. Simon, we will be on the same flight! We are looking forward to meeting all of you.

John

Thanks for the welcome, Lyle. Klettberg, where will you be in Missouri? We live near St. Louis. Simon, we will be on the same flight! We are looking forward to meeting all of you.

John

I'll be in St. Louis for a couple of days, also Brunswick and Hannibal. I guess by US standards you live close to St. Louis. To the European eye (at least mine) it looked like an extended journey. :-)

Herbert

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...