Carnival postcard, great deal!

hfweather

I received the postcard in the mail too. It's legit. I asked my PVP. Unfortunately, none of the deals work for me. :(

Poor distribution of marketing material when they send a "one time Platinum upgrade" to someone who is already Platinum :rolleyes:. I can see how some people will be tempted by this offer though.

Although I understand that Carnival is redirecting its marketing towards newer cruisers, it's still a shame that Platinum has lost its luster. First the perks reduction, then FTTF. Now this "exclusive offer".

As time goes by, I realize more and more that I'm no longer Carnival's target audience. The incentives are definitely geared to someone else. :(

My understanding is that once Gold you remain Gold. You don't drop back to Red.

(sorry for the Hijack)

I went from gold to red when they changed the points system but now back to gold. I didn't really care though since there really are no perks at these levels. I guess I only missed out on the Past Guest party but wouldn't have attended anyways.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I received the postcard in the mail too. It's legit. I asked my PVP. Unfortunately, none of the deals work for me. :(

Poor distribution of marketing material when they send a "one time Platinum upgrade" to someone who is already Platinum :rolleyes:. I can see how some people will be tempted by this offer though.

Although I understand that Carnival is redirecting its marketing towards newer cruisers, it's still a shame that Platinum has lost its luster. First the perks reduction, then FTTF. Now this "exclusive offer".

As time goes by, I realize more and more that I'm no longer Carnival's target audience. The incentives are definitely geared to someone else. :(

I agree, well said.

Tapi, you seem to have a knack for posting what I was going to say before I get to say it. ;):D

Tapi, you seem to have a knack for posting what I was going to say before I get to say it. ;):D

Cool. Let's say that great minds think alike! :cool:

My understanding is that once Gold you remain Gold. You don't drop back to Red.

(sorry for the Hijack)

mapsmith, you must have been off of CC for awhile as this all was hashed over a couple of years ago when they changed loyalty "classes" from # of cruises to # of days.

There were lots of people upset because they were "demoted" and no longer could attend the Gold/Platinum/Diamond party.