What to buy in Alaska

germanyboy

Going on first Alaska cruise.

What are the good/cool/exciting/remarkable things to buy there?

What are the especially good places to shop at these locations?

And what would some items cost?

Vancouver

Juneau

Skagway

Icy Point Strait

Ketchikan

Seattle

Thanks for any ideas.

My favorite item is the Made in Alaska Ulu knife from the ULU Factory (They are made in Anchorage but you can buy them in most stores). If you are planning to use it you need to purchase the set that includes the knife and cutting board.

Ketchikan is always good for shopping.

Skagway or Juneau would be sources for Russian nesting dolls....made in Russia. You may want to compare prices on these as they can vary on the same item. There is a nice store in Skagway that has a good selection and reasonable prices.

Ravens Brew coffee...the Three Peckered Billy Goat blend (yes really the name) has been an all time favorite of those I have brought it home for, and they always ask for more..Some have even gone to the trouble of buying it online...You can find it in most all ports in Alaska and the price doesn't vary...so buy it when you see it. :)

Also there is a candy shop in Ketchikan (Ketchikan Candies) that has amazing fudge...we have usually loved fudge from the Alaska Fudge Company in Juneau but the one in Ketchikan is much better according to our expertise when it comes to fudge :D

Also if you can find it there is a White Birch syrup... I have found it in one of the shops on Creek St. in Ketchikan. ;)

Ravens Brew coffee...the Three Peckered Billy Goat blend (yes really the name) has been an all time favorite of those I have brought it home for, and they always ask for more..Some have even gone to the trouble of buying it online...You can find it in most all ports in Alaska and the price doesn't vary...so buy it when you see it. :)

Have not tried Ravens Brew, though it sounds like I should. I love Kaladi Bros coffee. They are based in Anchorage, but it is sold all over the state, and I believe they now have a location in Seattle. I like going to the shops themselves as they make great concoctions (there is one within walking distance of all the downtown Anchorage hotels).