Good Beach Tours Leaving from Falmouth??

gskline

Arriving on the Oasis in March. Looking for a tour to a nice Beach for a few hours of relaxation. Time N Place Beach is mentioned in this Forum, but it appears to be closed when you go to the website. It's just my wife and I so not enough people for a private tour. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

I was just looking at transfer service from Falmouth to Montego Bay, that is where Drs Cave Beach is. For adults, it was 20.00 pp in a nice air conditioned bus type thing. Less for kids. Anyway, you might want to look at their website. Again, I have not used them, but saw on here where some people have.

Jaital tours Jamaica

• 3 weeks later...

Let me paste the response I gave to some other cruiser:

Marcia, we just returned from the cruise on the Allure, were in Falmouth 01/29/14. I did extensive research on exactly the same question you are asking. From what I understood, there are no walking distance accessible beach near Falmouth port. My parents went to Red stripe beach through RCCL (Oasis, 01/04/14 sailing, $28 per person fee and that includes transportation and beach entrance, but loungers, umbrellas, food/drink - all extra, five to ten minutes ride from port) and they said it was very crowded and unimpressive. We took taxi for $20 per person round trip to Montego Bay's Doctor's Cave beach ( $6 per person entrance fee, $6 per lounge chair, $6 for an umbrella, but there is small area of natural shade under palm trees, so if vacant umbrella can be skipped). There is a nice, reasonably priced restaurant with live music right on the beach(we paid under $40 for lunch for two with drinks and tip). Ride to Montego Bay from Falmouth was about 40-45min, but the road is beautiful and it was like tour in itself.

progress.gif

We went to Mo Bay - Dr. Cave's beach two weeks ago. You can get transport inside the gated port area in a van for $20 per person round trip without pre-booking. We enjoyed our day there. Nice beach and facilities. Snorkeling not great. We stayed at the beach for a few hours and then walked along the Hip Strip. We ate a yummy jerk chicken lunch at Don Way for $8.