Deck 7- Celebrity Silhouette

heathluvsing

Has anyone stayed on Deck 7 on the Celebrity Silhouette? We are looking at room options.

Is it better to be in the middle, front or back of the ship? I've only cruised x1 (on a 14 night cruise) so want to see what's the best room option.

Thanks!

We stayed on 7299 towards the aft. It was quiet back there and when you went out onto the veranda, you had a nice view. They called it "partially obstructed" because if you looked directly down, you saw a blue canopy sort of near Blu restaurant. Other rooms farther forward had the lifeboats below you. We did not notice any unusual movement.

Has anyone stayed on Deck 7 on the Celebrity Silhouette? We are looking at room options.

Is it better to be in the middle, front or back of the ship? I've only cruised x1 (on a 14 night cruise) so want to see what's the best room option.

Thanks!

I came upon this some time ago and found it useful:

Choosing a Cabin on a Cruise Ship

CruiseCabins_zps068f54f8.jpg.html

Now that you have chosen the right cruise ship you will find not all staterooms are created equally either. This fact becomes all too painful if you happen to choose the wrong stateroom for your cruise expectations. This is why cabin type & location selection is the second most important decisions that you can make before booking your cruise. The location of your cabin, along with the size and category, will determine cost

BUT having said that on most modern ships standard double staterooms by type (Inside Stateroom – Ocean View Stateroom – Stateroom with a balcony) are all basically the same, regardless of the deck they are on. So what is most important, in terms of a comfortable location is a stateroom's fore and aft position in the ship. Despite this, cruise lines tend to charge more money for cabins on the higher decks. There is little or no rational justification for this policy, beyond tradition plus higher decks are subject to more pitch & rolling motion in rough seas. Keep this in mind when booking your cabin.

If you are concerned with motion look for a cabin as close to the middle of the ship as possible to minimize the pitching and as low as possible to minimize the rolling plus these cabins avoid much of the noise by being away from the back and forward sections of the ship (propellers, engine exhaust pipes, thrusters, anchor, fore & aft mooring stations with their heavy rope winches). On the Celebrity Solstice class ships the middle of the ship on deck 7 has the best of both worlds as far as noise & motion is concerned. Deck 7 is the lowest deck where you are noise isolated by having cabins above & below & you.

One thing to watch for is cabins on the highest & most expensive decks that are located right underneath the pool deck as you will experience a fair amount of noise each morning, say 5:00am or so, the crew begins un-stacking all of the chairs and moving/dragging everything back into place.

CruiseCabins_zps068f54f8.jpg.html][img

Thanks!

I usually pick deck seven because it allows you to walk up and down the stairs to most decks. My last cabin on the silhouette was starboard forward near the elevators and it was very convenient. Motion is greater in the front.i had a full view, no obstruction and was able to get photos from my balcony when we were coming and going from ports the same as people who had gone up on deck to take them.

We were midship on 8 and thought it was PERFECT!!! Up or down a few flights to wherever we wanted to go. I think being midship is more critical than the exact floor, as long as you have cabins above you for noise purposes. On 7 midship is the Nook where there is, or should be, fresh free coffee brewing all day long.

We stayed all the way forward on one trip and it was a looonnnngggggg way to get anywhere, so we loved the convenience of being so close to everything.

We were in 7229 over New Years. Its on the hump, nearly evenly spaced between the doors to the midship elevators.

We found it to be a great location. No noise from the elevators. Great unobstructed view from the balcony. The Hideaway is on this deck, which has coffee service all day (not great coffee, but close). Deck 7 is an easy walk up or down.

First timer on Celebrity, cruising on the Silhouette on the 7th deck. I am not overly picky about cabin location as I have never had a bad cabin, but not having anything except cabins above us is important to me. Deck 7 checks that box!

Thanks guys. I actually like being far away from the elevator/lift because you are forced to walk. I find it hard with all the food on the cruise as I'm not a big eater. But is the front or back of the boat rougher? Will you feel the water? When we were on the Millennium we were towards the back and at times, in bed, you could feel the motion of the ship.

Will the hideaway bring more foot traffic and therefore more noise? Also, can you hear other people in their room? I'm pretty sure we did on the Millennium.

Thanks!

Thanks guys. I actually like being far away from the elevator/lift because you are forced to walk. I find it hard with all the food on the cruise as I'm not a big eater. But is the front or back of the boat rougher? Will you feel the water? When we were on the Millennium we were towards the back and at times, in bed, you could feel the motion of the ship.

Will the hideaway bring more foot traffic and therefore more noise? Also, can you hear other people in their room? I'm pretty sure we did on the Millennium.

Thanks!

We cruised over New Years, and the Hideaway was mostly occupied by teens. We were totally unaware of them. We were not conscious of any noise from adjoining cabins.

We don't mind some ship motion. Mostly, we aren't aware of any. We've noticed it most on the first day out of FLL or MIA, when the Captain is getting south across potentially rougher waters, and on the last night, when he is hightailing it home after keeping the ship as far south on the last day as possible. Worst sailing was in a family cabin on M Class, which is at the rear corner. My wife was unhappy, but I didn't mind. On a "normal" cruise, we find it comfortable bow to stern.

Also, on Solstice Class, there are elevators at the front and middle. Not in the rear. You can always book midship, and walk to the front. Most stable ride, the walk you want, and a fallback plan if/when you get lazy!

We stayed in 7274 on Silhouette in November (category 2A), a hump cabin. What I really liked about this location was having the hideaway nearby. It wasn't so much the hideaway itself that made me love the location of the cabin, but having the hideaway there meant that folks would leave the main hallway and enter into the hideaway to get to the elevators (from one end), and from the other end they'd leave the main hallway to get to the elevators directly. This meant that the section between these entrances was largely traffic-free except for the folks that had cabins along that stretch.

Loved the location so much, I've booked it again for a Reflection cruise for January, 2015.

Edited by NC Mtn Boys

We stayed in 7274 on Silhouette in November (category 2A), a hump cabin. What I really liked about this location was having the hideaway nearby. It wasn't so much the hideaway itself that made me love the location of the cabin, but having the hideaway there meant that folks would leave the main hallway and enter into the hideaway to get to the elevators (from one end), and from the other end they'd leave the main hallway to get to the elevators directly. This meant that the section between these entrances was largely traffic-free except for the folks that had cabins along that stretch.

Loved the location so much, I've booked it again for a Reflection cruise for January, 2015.

QUESTION: In Cabin 7274 is the bed next to the bathroom or the balcony?

• 3 weeks later...

Just be careful of where the lifeboats are when you book your cabin. They stick out on the S Class ships. The are below deck 6.

That's why we chose deck 9. We wanted a cabin off the hump for the large balcony, but we wanted to be high enough away from them when we looked down.