Select Beverage Package (Beer & Wine)

I have been searching around the board but have not found a thread addressing my question. I apoligize if there already is one.

My question is if we booke the Select Beverage package with Royal Caribbean, can we get Margarita's and pay the difference of our wine allowance of $8 bucks? Or would that only work for more expensive wines? Either way I think it will work best for us to stick with Select and buy one or two margaritas than spending an additional $210 to get the Premium package. That $210 can go to the few none beer/wines options we make.

My second question is in the fine print of the package it notes "specialty beers as listed on bar menus" as excluded. Does this mean that basically it will only cover the basic 10 or so beers (bud, bud light, corona, etc.) they carry at all the bars? We are going on Allure, and I heard there is a bar that has an extensive beer selection (many of which I hear are under $8) and I would like to partake in some exotic beers while I have the chance if I am spending the money on the unlimited package. I have heard talk that it may cover ALL beers under $8 served on the ship.

I am hoping to hear from those who have had experience with this package as it seems most opt for the higher priced more inclusive alcohol packages.

Thanks all! 33 days till we set sail!

Margarita's are considered a mixed drink, and therefore not covered at all with the Select package.

People have reported that all but about 3 or 4 beers are included in the package. I don't recall all the details, except for one called Chimay that is not included.