Miami and handicapped line?

SissasMomE

My parents are joining us on our Getaway cruise in April out of Miami. I've never paid attention before if there's a handicapped line, or a seperate entrance. Does anyone know? Also, is this something I need to contact NCL for? He doesn't need special assistance, per se, but a little extra time boarding would be helpful. Thanks!

Wheel chair ? If not you are going to need to call and just give a heads up .

There is a rep at the port that will assist when you get there. If you are in a wheel chair its obvious to them and they usually will approach and assist . If he just has trouble standing you will need to be proactive.. ;)

My wife has really bad knees and can't stand long or walk far. This last time in Miami, the lines were long. However, I just had her go to a position up at the front of the line where some chairs or benches were located ,and there she just sat and waited for me as I moved forward in the line. She then joined me going into the security area and scanner. Then after passing through there and into the processing area for boarding, she again did something similar while waiting for me. Also, there were elevators available if you didn't want to use the escalator.

Wheel chair ? If not you are going to need to call and just give a heads up .

There is a rep at the port that will assist when you get there. If you are in a wheel chair its obvious to them and they usually will approach and assist . If he just has trouble standing you will need to be proactive.. ;)

Life would be easier if he'd use a wheelchair, but that ain't gonna happen LOL He has a cane, and it just takes a long time sometimes to walk.

Edited by SissasMomE

My wife has really bad knees and can't stand long or walk far. This last time in Miami, the lines were long. However, I just had her go to a position up at the front of the line where some chairs or benches were located ,and there she just sat and waited for me as I moved forward in the line. She then joined me going into the security area and scanner. Then after passing through there and into the processing area for boarding, she again did something similar while waiting for me. Also, there were elevators available if you didn't want to use the escalator.

That's a really good idea, and simple. I'll have both of my parents wait on the bench, and we'll just go thru the line. Thanks!