Early May cruise out of Orlando

tbag124

I try to stay away from Summer sailings or over breaks, etc. Will the Early May cruises be super crowded? Are kids out of school yet in the south? In NJ they are not but I know it varies. I would rather not go then go when its super crowded.

Thanks!

Orlando is in the middle of the state

there are no cruises out of Orlando

IMO there is NO way to predict how full any particular cruise will be

I've cruised in prime 'spring break' season on an "empty ship" ... way below full anyway.

++++++++++++

1300 posts and u ain't figured this out yet?

Edited by Capt_BJ

Most schools are not out until near the end of May, although many colleges finish in early May. While I agree that there is no way to predict how full any particular cruise will be, the beginning of May is typically a slower time. However...this year, the Wonder will do the Panama Canal in early May and the Magic will do the Trans-Atlantic in mid May. Taking these 2 ships essentially out of the picture for US cruises has the potential to increase demand for the Dream and Fantasy.

Yes, if you are looking for a cruise with lower numbers of school aged kids, the very beginning of May is a good time. This is also a time when many kids cannot be taken out of school due to finals, AP tests, etc.

Edited by moki'smommy

Our late Feb/early Mar 7 day Carnival Dream was full of kids (just try waiting in line for a pizza.) Our April 11 weekend Disney Dream had a lot of kids too (Atlanta spring break) but we never felt like we were overrun with them. We are cruising the 5/5 Magic and can't wait. Our group of 18 is mostly adults with 3 kids (that I know of.)

Disney really keeps them very well occupied and has activities and dance parties just for them. I think its a great time to cruise because its before hurricane season but after all the winter weather.

Maybe we will see ya on the 5/5!