1 2 3 go classic alcohol package question

mrstravel

Hi,

I will be travelling on the Summit and sharing a cabin with my 18 year old daughter. I was wondering what happens with the classic alcohol package for 2 that is offered. They obviously won't sell the package to her, but is it possible to get the classic alcohol package for myself and the classic non-alcohol package for her? The travel agent seems to be giving me a hard time with this. Has anyone experienced this or know the answer?

Thanks for your help.

Cheryl

Hi,

I will be travelling on the Summit and sharing a cabin with my 18 year old daughter. I was wondering what happens with the classic alcohol package for 2 that is offered. They obviously won't sell the package to her, but is it possible to get the classic alcohol package for myself and the classic non-alcohol package for her? The travel agent seems to be giving me a hard time with this. Has anyone experienced this or know the answer?

Thanks for your help.

Cheryl

We weren't able to get the package. I had my brother in law and my daughters boyfriend booked in the same room. Since the BF is under age, my BIL could not get the drink package. He ended up getting the OBC. Also, we have our children in the connecting rooms and they wouldn't even let them each get the non-alcohol package which would have been a better deal, so they also just got the OBC offered. Apparently it's booze only!! I booked directly with celebrity.

Hi,

Thanks for your help.

Cheryl

Since the legal drinking age in Puerto Rico is 18 and the Summit leaves from there wouldn't they let you and her have the package? I know in Europe and South America the cruise lines follow the local laws.

I live in Canada where the age is 18 and so I guess we are just a little more liberal minded about this.

We weren't able to get the package. I had my brother in law and my daughters boyfriend booked in the same room. Since the BF is under age, my BIL could not get the drink package. He ended up getting the OBC. Also, we have our children in the connecting rooms and they wouldn't even let them each get the non-alcohol package which would have been a better deal, so they also just got the OBC offered. Apparently it's booze only!! I booked directly with celebrity.

Same here. We booked connecting cabins. Me and DH are in one cabin. He doesn't drink alcohol, so we asked if he could have the premium non-alcohol package instead. The answer was no, so we're booked with both of us having the classic alcohol, which at least includes the classic non-alcohol. Our 2 DD's are in the other room. We took the OBC for them, since a beverage package was not an option.

ok. problem solved. I am on the classic alcohol package and my daughter is on the classic non-alcohol package. The ship leaves out of bayonne New Jersey and goes to Bermuda. The drinking age on the ship is 21.

Thanks for all of the help!