Carnival Cruiser Trying Royal

My extended family does a yearly cruise, so we are all cruising veterans. We have cruised NCL, Costa, Celebrity, and Carnival. Carnival is the cruise line we do the majority of the time, including 5 out of the last 6 cruises. We have never cruised Royal before, for no particular reason. Well, this year we will be cruising on Allure this summer. I had some questions about Royal.

- Are you allowed to bring non-alcoholic drinks onboard? Usually with Carnival, I bring a 12 pack of Coke. Also, there will be young children in our group and their mother likes to give them juice and usually brings juice boxes. Is this allowed?

-For those with children, can you leave children on board in the kid's program while you leave the ship on an excursion? Can you pay to have a babysitter watch a 1 yr old while you leave the ship? At night while you go to shows?

-What beverages are included? Is lemonade available 24/7 like on Carnival?

-As for the dress code in the MDR. Are shorts, jeans, t-shirts allowed on casual nights? If so, do a lot people wear them? I don't want to hear opinions on what people think should be worn, I just want to know what is allowed and what people actually do wear.

-Do the cabins have shampoo, conditioner, body wash, etc?

-Any major differences from Carnival that you think is worth mentioning?

Thanks!

I'm sure someone will come along to answer all your questions but a quick one is shorts are a no but jeans are fine for non-formal nights. You'll see a few in jeans on formal nights too (formal is only "suggested" attire) however the norm is more like black slacks and a dressy top/button up shirt. Tie or jacket totally optional for men.

My extended family does a yearly cruise, so we are all cruising veterans. We have cruised NCL, Costa, Celebrity, and Carnival. Carnival is the cruise line we do the majority of the time, including 5 out of the last 6 cruises. We have never cruised Royal before, for no particular reason. Well, this year we will be cruising on Allure this summer. I had some questions about Royal.

- Are you allowed to bring non-alcoholic drinks onboard? Usually with Carnival, I bring a 12 pack of Coke. Also, there will be young children in our group and their mother likes to give them juice and usually brings juice boxes. Is this allowed? No on the coke..no idea on juice boxes

-For those with children, can you leave children on board in the kid's program while you leave the ship on an excursion? Can you pay to have a babysitter watch a 1 yr old while you leave the ship? At night while you go to shows? Don't have young kids.

-What beverages are included? Is lemonade available 24/7 like on Carnival? Lemonade is not available 24/7. You can get in windjammer when it is open.

-As for the dress code in the MDR. Are shorts, jeans, t-shirts allowed on casual nights? If so, do a lot people wear them? I don't want to hear opinions on what people think should be worn, I just want to know what is allowed and what people actually do wear. I did see people in shorts but no tshirts on casual nights. Howver, we only ate in MDR on formal night.

-Do the cabins have shampoo, conditioner, body wash, etc? Shampoo and conditioner are one container..no bodywdahs and no samples

-Any major differences from Carnival that you think is worth mentioning? We prefer food a lot more on Carnival. My dh also thought bar options were inconsistent. For ex: one bar had bud light but another wouldn't. Soda options are also limited. Ships are nicer on RCI and much quieter.

Thanks!

Have fun on Allure!

- Are you allowed to bring non-alcoholic drinks onboard? Usually with Carnival, I bring a 12 pack of Coke. Also, there will be young children in our group and their mother likes to give them juice and usually brings juice boxes. Is this allowed?

-For those with children, can you leave children on board in the kid's program while you leave the ship on an excursion? Can you pay to have a babysitter watch a 1 yr old while you leave the ship? At night while you go to shows?

-As for the dress code in the MDR. Are shorts, jeans, t-shirts allowed on casual nights? If so, do a lot people wear them? I don't want to hear opinions on what people think should be worn, I just want to know what is allowed and what people actually do wear.

Thanks!

On correction on the above, they almost 100% of the time will let you bring on a reasonable amount of soda. Some on here will say it's not allowed because it technically is not, but you can bring it on openly and notoriously (without smuggling or anything) and you won't have a problem so long as it's sealed and the amount is reasonable. They will usually verify the seal to ensure it isn't smuggled booze.

Thanks!

Night & day difference on the SHIPS themselves...CCL very neonie/ glitzy, Royal has more soft tones, much nicer feel to the ship...also the Allure blows away anything CCL has IMO ( I have done 12 RCI, 6 Carnival cruises..)...Aquapark diving show AMAZING ( don't miss!), Chicago in main theater, ice-skating show ( another RCI exclusive, don't miss!), Central Park ( sensational at night, don't miss)...of course, the Royal Promenade on deck 5 very cool....for music, try the British Pub on the RP ( 60's/70's 80's music..great fun!!) , Dazzles on decks 8 & 9 ( old time R & R, all kinds music..), The Viking Crown Lounge on deck 17 ( soft music/jazz, great place to wind down & drinks), Boleros ( latin music ) on the RP is wild , and the Schooner Bar on deck 6 is a piano bar with trivia & requests stuff..also don't miss sitting in the canti-levered infinity hot tubs that stick out in the AMAZING Adult Solarium front on deck 15 ( 18 & over only)...watch for 70's Retro night in RP usually 2nd or 3rd night of cruise..loads of fun...Flowrider ( surf simulator) at back on deck 16 along with the Zip-Line ( don't worry, it's pretty slow)...foodwise, MDR hit n' miss..Chops & Giovanni's very good for a small fee...Park Cafe in Central Park has terrific Roast Beef sandwiches...Cafe Promenade has some nice finger sandwiches & cookies...Sorrento's has pizza...cupcake store on RP ( ALONG WITH LAST 2 MENTIONED) has yummy cupcakes for $2.50...free soft serve ice cream on the pool deck, and there is kid's pool area called the H20 Fun Zone on deck 15..total of 8 pools & 16 hot tubs should be enough...Windjammer on deck 15 is the buffet area...try the MDR for breakfast instead of the WJ..it has a small buffet, along with a sit down menu and you can order what you want ( like I get Eggs Benedict, my fav, which you can NOT get in the WJ..)

WHATEVER YOU DO, don't MISS THE DIVING SHOW, ice-skating show, all the shows for that matter, they are all top notch..don't miss walking in Central Park ( deck 8) at night and look up to see the stars on a clear night...anymore questions give a shout...don't have kids, but I hear the children's program is very good and you can get baby sitters

As far dress clothes, jeans & shorts NOT allowed on formal nights, and few wear them ( maybe 10-15%??) to dinner..dockers, khakis ( what I wear ) are fine, few wear flip flops, but closed toed sandals OK...most wear casual wear ( Tommy Bahama, Hawaiian shirts)..I have seen Lemonade at the soda machines...hope this helps...have a great cruise...there is nothing in the cruise world like the Allure/ Oasis ships...take my suggestions and you will love RCI!

Big Al

P.S.- for a great milk shake/malteds go to Johnny Rockets on deck 15..good fries & burgers and the waiters dance to YMCA or Staying Alive, lots of fun, kids, adults will love it..only $3.50 for all you can eat..sit outside by the water if nice day!!