Half moon cay

love to read

this will be our first trip there just wondering:

Are there umbrellas for rent? (all pictures I have seen does not show umbrellas)

What is your favorite area?

We are not interested in paying for a villa  or one of those half canvass thingys (been there done that). Just want a lounger and an umbrella

Thanks, just as I thought. Another mad dash for shade under the few trees. Lol. What about a favorite area?

Depends on what you're looking for.

If you want to be near the action, find a spot close to the bar and kids area.

If you want a more serene place, go down by the last cabana or even further.

There are clamshells you can rent. I would suggest a cabana, but they may all be gone. They are around $200 and if you split the cost between two couples it is a decent price. I happily paid for a cabana when I went solo......

You will love HMC, but do get an early tender ticket to get a good spot at the beach. Last time I was there in 2012 our group of 14 had the grand cabana...wow...so much fun...

If you want a quieter area, I would walk down the beach toward the last set of cabanas. The Pirate Bar is just past Cabana #5. When you're down by cabanas 11-15 you don't get as much of the sound from the bar.

Edited by nybumpkin

We were in front of #4 or #5 before you get to the pirate bar. Yes, you can hear the music outside and in the water. We are 70 and wasn't too bad. GO EARLY for chairs, we waited and never two together. It was close to bathrooms and bbq lunch area so convenient in that respect. LOVED LOVED this place but alot of walking for us.

If you want a quieter area, I would walk down the beach toward the last set of cabanas. The Pirate Bar is just past Cabana #5. When you're down by cabanas 11-15 you don't get as much of the sound from the bar.

That's where we go and you can still hear the "music" pretty well. :(

I just put my earbuds in and listen to my music (much more tolerable). :)

There are clamshells you can rent. I would suggest a cabana, but they may all be gone. They are around $200 and if you split the cost between two couples it is a decent price. I happily paid for a cabana when I went solo......

You will love HMC, but do get an early tender ticket to get a good spot at the beach. Last time I was there in 2012 our group of 14 had the grand cabana...wow...so much fun...

I thought the OP said she wasn't interested in either one of those.:confused:

Bill

Are there umbrellas for rent? (all pictures I have seen does not show umbrellas)

We are not interested in paying for a villa 

or one of those half canvass thingys (been there done that).

Just want a lounger and an umbrella

Hi LoveToRead :)

I've never seen umbrellas for rent at Half Moon Cay for

lounge chairs. Unfortunately just the clam shells.

:)

Edited by PortSideCruzan

Our favorite place is in front of our cabana in the water. We have been eight times and i have never seen umbrellas for rent. I have however seen people bring them. I always wondered how they got them on the plane.

We have not been there since June but there was no music blaring down by us. We were in cabana 9. Hope it is not noisy next time we go. It has always been my place of peace.

If serene is what you're looking for and you DON'T need to be near the bar (or restrooms)...

Pack a small cooler with ice, water and whatever beverages you have at your disposal. And any other supplies you may need.

Walk down the beach past the last cabana. Then, when you reach the last of the loungers probably by the tree line, grab two loungers (maybe an extra one for your stuff) and drag them even further down the beach. If you want shade, there's plenty under the trees. WARNING: There are sand spurs under the trees so WEAR SHOES! (I learned the hard way - see my link below.) Go about as far as you possibly can (but don't pass the sign):

DSC01381.jpg

Here's what my extra lounger looked like by the time I unpacked all my stuff:

DSC01418.jpg

When it comes time for lunch, trek back to the shelters and bring your food back to your loungers.

Enjoy your day and serenity...

DSC01410.jpg

More details on my HMC experience in my Liberty review (HMC details start on page 3 of the review)....

When it comes to using the restroom.... Well, that's what the ocean is for? LOL. (If memory serves, there are restrooms at the stables further down the beach.)

Also, don't waste time in line to tender back to the boat. Find a shady chair at the shops and nap or chill until the last tender. They won't leave without you!

Enjoy!

Edited by MisterMom

If serene is what you're looking for and you DON'T need to be near the bar (or restrooms)...

Pack a small cooler with ice, water and whatever beverages you have at your disposal. And any other supplies you may need.

Walk down the beach past the last cabana. Then, when you reach the last of the loungers probably by the tree line, grab two loungers (maybe an extra one for your stuff) and drag them even further down the beach. If you want shade, there's plenty under the trees. WARNING: There are sand spurs under the trees so WEAR SHOES! (I learned the hard way - see my link below.) Go about as far as you possibly can (but don't pass the sign):

DSC01381.jpg

Here's what my extra lounger looked like by the time I unpacked all my stuff:

DSC01418.jpg

When it comes time for lunch, trek back to the shelters and bring your food back to your loungers.

Enjoy your day and serenity...

DSC01410.jpg

More details on my HMC experience in my Liberty review (HMC details start on page 3 of the review)....

When it comes to using the restroom.... Well, that's what the ocean is for? LOL. (If memory serves, there are restrooms at the stables further down the beach.)

Also, don't waste time in line to tender back to the boat. Find a shady chair at the shops and nap or chill until the last tender. They won't leave without you!

Enjoy!

Agree with all, except the ocean being your restroom!!!!! Really?????? Ugh.

Hi LoveToRead :)

I've never seen umbrellas for rent at Half Moon Cay for

lounge chairs. Unfortunately just the clam shells.

:)

The clam shells get very hot and stuffy even when lifted a bit in the back for air flow.

We actually like going INSIDE of Captain Morgan Pirate Ship Bar for deep shade ... easy to walk down to the beach when we want to take a dip in the water. :)

LuLu

~~~~

Be careful! I have read A LOT of negative reviews lately of how the Pirate Bar is putting the speakers OUTSIDE, and facing them towards the water. Not so serene anymore:mad::mad:

We were there 2 months ago, and the speakers are pointed toward the water. Could hear music regardless where you were. This was our favorite island until Carnival started this. We go to the beach to relax, swim and nap while listening to the waves. The music is louder than the waves now.:mad:

What is your favorite area?

We are not interested in paying for a villa  or one of those half canvass thingys (been there done that). Just want a lounger and an umbrella

Here is a link to a page for Half Moon Cay, on a website I created for our Mar 1st trip on the Liberty. The various links will tell you all you need to know about HMC. John

We were there 2 months ago, and the speakers are pointed toward the water. Could hear music regardless where you were. This was our favorite island until Carnival started this. We go to the beach to relax, swim and nap while listening to the waves. The music is louder than the waves now.:mad:

We were there beg Oct and were parked nearby and didnt hear the music