Speciality Dinning Package

becci19

Has anyone purchased the dining package for Royal which includes 'Chops Grille, Giovanni's Table, Izumi and Samba Grill for $70 per guest’.

Is it one visit per restaurant and worth the money? :)

Thanks!

Has anyone purchased the dining package for Royal which includes 'Chops Grille, Giovanni's Table, Izumi and Samba Grill for $70 per guest’.

Is it one visit per restaurant and worth the money? :)

Thanks!

We did on our Alaskan cruise on Radiance. You can visit each only once. I think you save $20 over purchasing them separately.

At Izumi it covers the cover charge and you pay the a la carte prices for the food you choose from the menu (if my memory serves correctly).

We enjoyed the package. I think they also offered a package for 3 venues once we were on the ship. It may have also been available for per purchase online as well.

Edited by ace1zoe2

Yes it is one visit per restaurant and for Izumi they give you a credit of $20 as it is a la carte pricing. It is definitely worth it as the food is great in all of them and you save a bunch based on stand alone pricing. Go for it. Also have a look at how much extra the Chef's table package costs. The Chef's table is expensive by itself but as part of a dining package it is remarkably affordable.

Yes it is one visit per restaurant and for Izumi they give you a credit of $20 as it is a la carte pricing. It is definitely worth it as the food is great in all of them and you save a bunch based on stand alone pricing. Go for it. Also have a look at how much extra the Chef's table package costs. The Chef's table is expensive by itself but as part of a dining package it is remarkably affordable.

If I can just jump in to ask, is the speciality dining package offered only on select ships? I cruised on Legend and Mariner in Asia but didn't see it being offered. Thanks in advance!

Availability is an interesting question.

Firstly there is no package on ships like Voyager where the refurbishment hasn't happened yet so there is only the one specialty restaurant. Having said that they sometimes run a wine with dinner package for a single meal in Portafinos.

Secondly the package isn't offered on shorter itineraries (like a lot of those out of Singapore) as they don't consider that there is enough time to visit all the different restaurants.

Having said that on the Radiance 7 night itineraries give you the option of the dining packages.

If I can just jump in to ask, is the speciality dining package offered only on select ships? I cruised on Legend and Mariner in Asia but didn't see it being offered. Thanks in advance!

More like select sailings. My guess is that if they offer it to spur sales, and sometimes they don't need to.

The dining packages to spur sales are different ones and are generally of the "10% off on first night", "4th person free", type of thing rather than the standard specialty dining packages which were introduced a couple of years ago. If it is available for your cruise it will be mentioned on the cruise ship page on the RCI web site and available for booking a couple of months out.

In Asia the ships haven't had the revitalisations yet which means no packages (Voyager in Australia has the same problem) and also have a lot of 3, 4 and 5 day itineraries which also restrict things.

Could you opt out of one restaurant to go to another one twice?

I would think not since the restaurants are not all the same price.

Also your ship/itinerary has a lot to do with it. For our Oasis sailing coming up we got the Chef's Table package at $125 per person. We get Chef's Table, 150 Central Park, and Chops Grille.