New to Royal

This will be my 4th cruise, 2 with celebrity, one with NCL. I'm very excited to see what Royal Caribbean has to offer. I'm looking forward to a new line. Anything I should know?

If you browse some of the other topics, you'll find detailed information about what to pack, what you can or cannot bring onboard and tips about the shore excursions and onboard facilities.

Remember to watch the evening/night shows, the ice shows, etc! They are good! Traditional dining helps in making new friends too!

I love your screen name:D

I also really like Navigator!! Whats fun about it that you don't see on other ships is:

The Royal Promenade...this is like a shopping, drinking, entertainment and dining "mall". It's got lots of clubs with live entertainment and the Promenade Cafe for snacks, as well as shopping venues. But it's most fun for the parades and "street" parties held there. It's a bit of a drag when they hold shopping events in the middle of it and it gets clogged with people buying cigarettes, or scarves, or watches. :( It's a nice "gathering spot" that some other ships don't have (Royal Ships from Mariner Class to Oasis class do have them) Some of the newer ships have the Royal Promenade and no traditional outdoor promenade, NOS is nice because it has both!!

NOS also has an Ice Rink, this venue is fun to see an ice show, go ice skating (if thats your thing...I live in NE and don't go to the Caribbean to ice skate:rolleyes:) But its also a fun venue for game shows like Quest, which is a uniquely RCL thing (look for it on your Cruise Compass, late night near the end of your cruise)

And my personal favorite thing is that they sell Ben & Jerry's on the Royal Promenade, and I would rather have a scoop of that any night over a drink:p

Enjoy your cruise!!

Edited by Familygoboston

I love your screen name:D

I also really like Navigator!! Whats fun about it that you don't see on other ships is:

The Royal Promenade...this is like a shopping, drinking, entertainment and dining "mall". It's got lots of clubs with live entertainment and the Promenade Cafe for snacks, as well as shopping venues. But it's most fun for the parades and "street" parties held there. It's a bit of a drag when they hold shopping events in the middle of it and it gets clogged with people buying cigarettes, or scarves, or watches. :( It's a nice "gathering spot" that some other ships don't have (Royal Ships from Mariner Class to Oasis class do have them) Some of the newer ships have the Royal Promenade and no traditional outdoor promenade, NOS is nice because it has both!!

NOS also has an Ice Rink, this venue is fun to see an ice show, go ice skating (if thats your thing...I live in NE and don't go to the Caribbean to ice skate:rolleyes:) But its also a fun venue for game shows like Quest, which is a uniquely RCL thing (look for it on your Cruise Compass, late night near the end of your cruise)

And my personal favorite thing is that they sell Ben & Jerry's on the Royal Promenade, and I would rather have a scoop of that any night over a drink:p

Enjoy your cruise!!

thanks alot, the more I learn about the ship the more I can't wait to cruise. And I'm from Minnesota so I TOTALLY understand a lack of interest in ice skating on a vaca

Edited by Ghengis Klown

thanks alot, the more I learn about the ship the more I can't wait to cruise. And I'm from Minnesota so I TOTALLY understand a lack of interest in ice skating on a vaca

Yeah, not that I don't enjoy the winter activities, but I can do them here at home;) It's the same for Florida people; my mom cruises with me next month and we don't plan many "beach days" because she moves from winter FL beach to summer ME beach, year round and wants to do other stuff in the Bahamas!:D

But the ice rink is a unique venue, and the ice show on NOS is pretty good!