Finally, My Review of Our Caribbean Princess Wedding

• 2 months later...

Hi Shari,

Thanks for sharing your experience with us. I am planning my wedding on CP this year. I have few questions about your Wedding. It would be very helpful if you can share some information with us.

Did you book your cruise and wedding package through travel agency, or via Princess directly?

Which wedding package did you have? any recommendation?

For the photography, how much does it cost to retain the proof?

I would like to see your wedding photos at CP. Can you send photos to my email?

Many thanks,

b+g :)

brideandgroom@shaw.ca

Cruising Wonder,

Congrats on your marriage! Your wedding day and the days leading up to it sound perfect! July 30 will be here before I know it!

Would love to see your pics...vtx1800n@yahoo.com

Congrats again. The very best to you and hubby as you start your new life together!

Hi Shari,

I'm getting married on Carribean Princess on 5/15/06. I was reading your review, it was so helpful. Although I must admit, I have been rather calm up until this point and I am starting to get the jitters :o . I have a couple of questions.

How much time was there between the end of the ceremony and your arrival at Skywalkers, I know you said you where a half hour late due to pics.

What type of hair style did you have, I know you said you were pleased with it. Just wondering if I should keep it simple. Did you do a test run the day before at the salon?

If you could please email me the pics I would really appreciate it.

kamoulay@hotmail.com

Thanks so much,

Ka

• 2 weeks later...

Married on Caribbean Princess 11/21/05 Congrats to all getting married! I just returned not so long ago from our 'wedding~moon'. It was everything we wanted it to be... except for a few things...

~We spent alot of time before the wedding coordinating things, setting things up, etc, spent greater part of first/second day in room waiting for people to call us back since there is no way to check VM remotely.

~The day of the ceremony everything went off without a hitch. We were married at sea, in the chapel. Unfortunately, chapel is as dreary and dark as it looks on the webcam, and was smaller than I thought. Our pictures came out pretty dark, and actually some of them look weird because of the angles the photographer had to use... my poor husband's head looks pointy in a few! I think alot of it too is that they are all digital, and as good as digital gets, it still doesn't come close to regular photos.

~The pictures are great, except for the usual few that we all have! We got the eternal collection, with all of the pics on a CD. The CD has trouble reading in certain computers, and could only be read on a rewritable drive (don't know why...) And, of course they forget to put a few of the B+W shots on the disc, so I have to email them to princess, and they will fix them.

~We had a reception in the skywalker lounge, it was great. The cake they do is awesome. Not a 2 person cake, it's a 12" round cake. I can send a picture if you like. Email me at Escapecruises@hotmail.com. Can also send you other shots if you like.

~The photog lost some of our shots; he does a candid shot out on the walking deck, and they just 'disappeared'

All in all, it was a wonderful experience, and was exactly what I wanted. We had a total of 11 people that sailed, and it was lovely.

Now I have a question for those of you who are already married~ How was your experience with 'The wedding Inexperience?' OOps, slip of the tongue... Ours was awful, be to honest, and we are travel agents! We had to twist their arm to get our final payment info, and finalize, which is supposed to be done 45 days before sailing... we paid and finalized 25 days prior! The were indifferent, and made us feel like we were ordering off a chinese menu!

Also~ CANCEL YOUR FLOWER ORDER, except for the bride's bouquet and groom's boutonierre~ Their flower prices are a rip off; we were charged $25 a wrist corsage, and they were about $10 cheaper if you bought on board. Extra boutenierres were like $5 cheaper. You can order the flowers onboard.

When dealing with the wedding experience, you are basically getting overcharged to pay their commission. I have a letter in to Princess recommending they do their own coordinating, and any information that you can share with me, I will forward to my DSM. Please email me your sailing date, name and if you have it booking number. There is strength in numbers.

Randall was our wedding coordinator on board, and he was Fantastic! Any one getting married soon, tell him Bob and Amanda said hi if he is back from his leave!

Hope this helps; email me for pics or other info!

Getting married at sea was my dream come true!

And... for those interested in song choices... our entrance song for the reception.was Cruisin' from the Duets soundtrack with Gweneth Paltrow and Huey Luis. It was perfect. Email me with any questions! :p

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Shari,

Thank you SO much for the detailed description of your wedding! My fiance and I had been looking at different cruise lines to have our wedding and your review was the main reason that we chose Princess. We are getting married on the Caribbean Princess in December and I have many questions for you. (I really hope you're still checking this thread!)

1) About hair: Did you have a trial run at the salon, and if so when? (We're getting married the 2nd day of the cruise in the afternoon). How far in advance did you book these appointments?

2) Upgrades: What all did you upgrade? I read that your bouquet was worth the upgrade, but was there anything else that you would suggest?

3) How did you get a private dinner at the Steakhouse? I've been looking through all the information that we've received, but I can't find anything on how to go about doing this.

4) For the wedding day in general, did it go smoothly? I'm really nervous that I'm going to be running around trying to get a million things done at the last minute.

I know I have many more questions for you. I should probably write a list! If you could e-mail me back that would be wonderful. E-mail is Tefa0484@msn.com Thank you so much!

~Natasha

• 5 weeks later...
Shari,

Thank you SO much for the detailed description of your wedding! My fiance and I had been looking at different cruise lines to have our wedding and your review was the main reason that we chose Princess. We are getting married on the Caribbean Princess in December and I have many questions for you. (I really hope you're still checking this thread!)

1) About hair: Did you have a trial run at the salon, and if so when? (We're getting married the 2nd day of the cruise in the afternoon). How far in advance did you book these appointments?

2) Upgrades: What all did you upgrade? I read that your bouquet was worth the upgrade, but was there anything else that you would suggest?

3) How did you get a private dinner at the Steakhouse? I've been looking through all the information that we've received, but I can't find anything on how to go about doing this.

4) For the wedding day in general, did it go smoothly? I'm really nervous that I'm going to be running around trying to get a million things done at the last minute.

I know I have many more questions for you. I should probably write a list! If you could e-mail me back that would be wonderful. E-mail is Tefa0484@msn.com Thank you so much!

~Natasha

Hi Shari! Congratulations to you and your fiance! I'm so glad that your wedding was everything that you've dreamed of! I can only hope mine goes half as well! I'd love to know the answers to the questions listed above by Natasha. I'd also love to see your pics if you don't mind.

denise@jayps.net

Thanks so much,

Denise

Shari,

~Natasha

I would love to have a copy of the answers to these questions as well. I am getting married January 28 on the Crown Princess and am trying to determine several of the details Thanks

Kristen (kkal4@yahoo.com)