Bermuda in April

fitzy123

We (4 adults, 4 teens) are cruising on Explorer of the Seas in April with one day in Kings Wharf. Looking for some ideas as to what to do/see, since I hear it will probably not be beach and snorkeling weather. Any suggestions?

Here's my shore list:

The number following some of the activities is the bus route that the activity is closest to.

You can only do so much in one day when travel time is taken in to consideration so what may be best for you would be to hire a taxi for a private tour. Read this thread titled - Bermuda private guide for guide names, contact info, and CC member comments.

What is the date of your cruise? If your visit is on a weekend, there is no ferry service to St George so my short list becomes even shorter.

SBtS

Thanks for all the info! These are some great ideas. Even if its not a hot beach day, we don't want to miss out on seeing Bermuda's famous beaches! Just wasnt sure if we would want to spend the whole day there. We will be there on Saturday, April 12, from 8:00 to 4:00.

We (4 adults, 4 teens) are cruising on Explorer of the Seas in April with one day in Kings Wharf. Looking for some ideas as to what to do/see, since I hear it will probably not be beach and snorkeling weather. Any suggestions?

We went to Bermuda in May 2013 with 2 adults and 4 twenty-something "kids". Unless it's raining, I would suggest you take the bus to Horseshoe beach. It's absolutely stunning and should be seen even if you can't swim. There are rock formations and hills that the kids just loved climbing, exploring, and taking pictures. You can walk the shoreline from one beach to the other and just take in the beauty while the kids explore all the interesting little rocks and caves. After that, we returned to the dockyard and watched the glass blowing, had some lunch and just browsed through the shops. If you still have time, you could take about a 25 minute walk, or a 5 minute cab ride, to the glass beach which is just outside the dockyard and explore and collect some souvenir glass. This would make a wonderful, easy to do day that I think you would all enjoy. This is what we did and our "kids" said it was their favorite day in Bermuda.

We went to Bermuda in May 2013 with 2 adults and 4 twenty-something "kids". Unless it's raining, I would suggest you take the bus to Horseshoe beach. It's absolutely stunning and should be seen even if you can't swim. There are rock formations and hills that the kids just loved climbing, exploring, and taking pictures. You can walk the shoreline from one beach to the other and just take in the beauty while the kids explore all the interesting little rocks and caves. After that, we returned to the dockyard and watched the glass blowing, had some lunch and just browsed through the shops. If you still have time, you could take about a 25 minute walk, or a 5 minute cab ride, to the glass beach which is just outside the dockyard and explore and collect some souvenir glass. This would make a wonderful, easy to do day that I think you would all enjoy. This is what we did and our "kids" said it was their favorite day in Bermuda.

The new owners (WEDCO) of the sea glass beach and the surrounding land have posted signs which say - don't remove the seaglass or anything else from their land.

SBtS

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the suggestions! I haven't checked back here in a while since I posted. Now I am glad I did. Sounds like a great day and the beaches look beautiful even it we can't swim!

Thanks for the suggestions! I haven't checked back here in a while since I posted. Now I am glad I did. Sounds like a great day and the beaches look beautiful even it we can't swim!

Fitzy....have you joined our roll call for 4/10/14 on the Explorer? We've got a good group going and lively conversation on a private Facebook page. Join us!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1714586

Edited by Mom.to.2