luggage tags

MKMC

I have tried without success to get Azamara to send me luggage tags for our early February cruise. Anyone else had this problem?

How long ago did you "order" them?

I find that it takes about 14-20 days for them to arrive after I've ordered them.

I assume that guests in the United States receive them much quicker than we do in Canada.

You can always call Le Club Voyage and speak to someone and ask over the phone to have another set mailed to you. Failing that, you can print your own or obtain "blanks" at the pier.

Enjoy your cruise.

There is a link to order luggage tags. Also, when you print up your documents, there are paper luggage tags. They could probably be taped on with clear tape if all else fails, or taken to an office supply place and have them make some type of stick on copy.

I think it was under a week when we received our tags. To me, it's kind of like the grand finale to the whole vacation preparation. :D

I have tried without success to get Azamara to send me luggage tags for our early February cruise. Anyone else had this problem?

Hi Mkmc,

As others have mentioned, there should be an "order luggage tags" button, immediately after entering your booking via the online check-in area. If it's not there, I suggest contacting Le Club Voyage at 1-888-532-5828, as I'm sure they will be happy to assist.

I hope this helps, and have a wonderful cruise !

Edited by Host Andy

Like ptiprof when I printed all my documents I did not find anywhere to order luggage tags. I did it right after final payment, so I was printing everything early. I talked to my TA about the luggage tags, and he said he would take care of it for me. Then I waited, and waited, and waited. Finally I went back in, closer to cruise time and low and behold, there was the place to order luggage tags. I did so, and then waited some more. It took 3 weeks for me to get them, in California. But they did come and now I'm ready to go.

I think there was a period where there was a glitch on the website (but that never happens, does it?) and when they got it fixed I could then order.

Keep checking back, OP, but since you are approaching just a month out, I think I would go ahead and print some myself, just in case. Turns out that's what my TA did for me, as I got them a few days ago.

For those of you who print your luggage tags, Cruise Critic's store sells very nice plastic luggage tag holders that are reusable. The narrow ones fit all the RCCL lines.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/store/product.cfm?ID=46

I have a set that I've used over and over. They make wonderful little gifts for traveling friends.

I completed my on line check in with an Azamara staffer because I needed to get my transfer arranged as well and ordered the tags with the correct mailing address. We are home now but still no tags. I printed them off the computer and stapled them on. Seemed to be a common thread that the Americans got theirs in the mail but not the Canadians

I completed my on line check in with an Azamara staffer because I needed to get my transfer arranged as well and ordered the tags with the correct mailing address. We are home now but still no tags. I printed them off the computer and stapled them on. Seemed to be a common thread that the Americans got theirs in the mail but not the Canadians

Could they be held up at customs?

This is meant as information: When we lived in our RV we would have our US mail forwarding service send our mail to us at General Delivery in various towns and cities in the US. We didn't have our mail forwarded to Canada, however. We learned pretty quickly that the Canadian Post Office takes forever to deliver mail from the US. It often gets held up in customs, even letters.

For those of you who print your luggage tags, Cruise Critic's store sells very nice plastic luggage tag holders that are reusable. The narrow ones fit all the RCCL lines.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/store/product.cfm?ID=46

I have a set that I've used over and over. They make wonderful little gifts for traveling friends.

Thanks for the link, Janet. I'd forgotten about the cc store.

Thanks for your replies. My TA is trying for the THIRD time to get us our tags. We will look forward to seeing everyone on the February 10 cruise with or without luggage tags.

Kathleen

Why wouldn't Azamara simply tag your bags when you check them in?

Hi Varoo,

They will gladly tag your bags at the terminal, but some guests enjoy the convenience of having the luggage tags in advance, as the tags are pre-printed with your name and cabin number. IMO, it makes your embarkation a bit more convenient.

Hi Varoo,

They will gladly tag your bags at the terminal, but some guests enjoy the convenience of having the luggage tags in advance, as the tags are pre-printed with your name and cabin number. IMO, it makes your embarkation a bit more convenient.

Thank you for your prompt reply, Andy. It is good to know that.

I guess it comes down to a matter of personal preference then. We are so busy with other things requiring our attention that we often prefer not to be bothered with luggage tags in advance at all, finding it quicker and easier just to have the bags tagged at the pier.

As a long time Celebrity / RCI cruiser, but a newbie to Azamara, I have a great deal to learn here.

Upon first starting to read this forum, it struck me as a little ironic that on the Celebrity forum some people were complaining that the new point system was implemented too quickly.

They would have liked a time lag between the notification and the implementation date so that those past final payment, already booked and paid in full, would still have the old system applied.

While here some people are complaining because Azamara is waiting a few months to implement their new system and they would rather have it go into effect right away.

Whichever way they do it, some people are going to be unhappy.

But whenever a company makes changes, the customers can always find some things that they wish had been done differently.

I think the main thing Celebrity got right was that no passengers lost any of the benefits they already had previously, and it looks like it will be the same for Azamara.

I don't know if this is yet another anomaly of being in the UK or perhaps having booked via a TA but whilst we've completed all the pre-cruise info and could print the luggage tags there's no "order luggage tags" button.

A quick call to Azamara yesterday and I was advised that this is not possible until the tickets are issued, which will be a few more weeks and I can either get my TA to call them or call them again myself once this is done and they'll send the tags.

I don't know if this is yet another anomaly of being in the UK or perhaps having booked via a TA but whilst we've completed all the pre-cruise info and could print the luggage tags there's no "order luggage tags" button.

A quick call to Azamara yesterday and I was advised that this is not possible until the tickets are issued, which will be a few more weeks and I can either get my TA to call them or call them again myself once this is done and they'll send the tags.

Yeah, Azamara don't want to send out luggage tags before they've issued your tickets because , heavens forbid, you might change your booking or even cancel

your cruise and their IT systems couldn't cope with that.

Of course they could send out luggage tags automatically with the tickets without having to be asked, but that would be too easy.

On the site where you order luggage tags, it states that they will ship them to Canada and the US. Perhaps they don't mail (post) them in the UK?

Saw this today on the on-line check in page:

"Luggage Tag Information: We regret that luggage tag mailers are no longer available because the number of requested mailers has exceeded our permissible limits. You may secure your luggage tags from our porters once you arrive at the pier."

Saw this today on the on-line check in page:

"Luggage Tag Information: We regret that luggage tag mailers are no longer available because the number of requested mailers has exceeded our permissible limits. You may secure your luggage tags from our porters once you arrive at the pier."

:eek: :eek: :eek: