Handicap room legend

cmdr tim

I am using a handicap room on the legend with a balcony . I just called carnival line and was told there may be a 7 in step going out to the balcony,. Has anyone used a handicap room on the legend and know this is a fact.

Also is there a web site with pictures of a handicap room on the legend.

thank you in advance

We were in 7260 on the Miracle which looks to be the same room, different deck and opposite side, but same room. It's a great room with a neat layout. The bathroom is huge!!! The balcony is bigger than normal since the room actually sits sideways. As for the step coming back in I don't remember it being any higher than normal as I probably would have tripped over it if it was!!! I guess it has something to do with the Miller Lite they serve out there!! I would definitely book this room again though because of the layout. Have a great cruise. The Legend is also a good ship as we've been on her twice now!

You should have absolutely no problem getting in the door, in the bathroom or on and off the balcony. It is very much designed for wheelchair access. The closets have lower shelves and hanging rods also. And....in the shower there is a pull down chair with a hand held shower. Very nice room.

thank you for the help. i am confined to a wheelchar , hoping my wife can get me over the lip .

We had a handicapped room on the Spirit which is the same size ship as the Legend. There was a ramp going out to the Balcony - and although neither of us are in wheelchairs I work with people with disabilities and so was really noticing things in the room. Do you have an electric chair? If so, if it can make a pretty tight corner you will probably be able to turn onto the ramp and go up it okay. Just so you know the bathroom entry is the same level as the rest of the cabin and there is a shower chair in the bathroom that folds up against the wall if your wife doesn't want to use it. And of course there is a hand held shower head. Overall there isn't a lot of room to manuever around in the room, but I did visit with a man in a wheelchair and he said he was getting along fine in the room. So hopefully, you will have the same experience!

having 6234 on the other side. I dont recall a lip getting into the balcony. I thought the cabin desing for a wheelchair was good. There is no sofa is the cabin...

In room 6281.

Tim,

We were in the same cabin on the Miracle last March. I'm a quad in a motorized WC and wouldn't sail unless the cabin AND balcony were accessable. On the Miracle, this is the ONLY cabin with no lip to the balcony. It does have a very managable 'hump' however. You should have no problem.

Any more questions? ...ask away!

Regards, Tom

Archived