Tables in Main Dining Room-Forced to sit with other people?

ms7136a

Don't think that is true. We sat with other people with MTD. If you ask they will seat you alone but if you don't you will be seated with others.

We have had the opposite experience. Have done MTD 3X. We just walk up - no res - and ask to be seated - "2 please" - we have never been asked to share or forced to share - always had a table for 2 - in fact - always had the same waitstaff no matter what time we came. I think the OP's best bet to NOT be seated with strangers would be MTD.

Edited by LovesCruising

We have had the opposite experience. Have done MTD 3X. We just walk up - no res - and ask to be seated - "2 please" - we have never been asked to share or forced to share - always had a table for 2 - in fact - always had the same waitstaff no matter what time we came. I think the OP's best bet to NOT be seated with strangers would be MTD.

Reading is a skill, please reread what I wrote. You asked for a table for two and got it. I stated if you ask you can get a table for two. The poster stated it is like a restaurant they will seat you alone no matter what. :eek:

In the last few cruises I've requested table for 2 because of past problems with table mates or lack of, and location. Send your request to:

KTruscello@rccl.com

Her full first name is Kathleen (Kat) and she's the Restaurant Operations Administrator. She is very good and will respond to your within a few days. Request cannot be made more than 50 days prior to your cruise.

In your request make sure you have the reservation ID, start day of cruise, vessel name and your C&A #.

Good luck and enjoy your cruise,

Thanks for this! We're a family of 5 with 3 kids and we actually enjoy sitting at a larger table and socializing--but I recognize that not everybody wants to sit with kids, especially in the MDR. I've just emailed Ms. Truscello and asked if we might be able to be seated at a table for 8 or 10 with another family traveling with a child or children. Can't hurt to ask!

Thanks for this! We're a family of 5 with 3 kids and we actually enjoy sitting at a larger table and socializing--but I recognize that not everybody wants to sit with kids, especially in the MDR. I've just emailed Ms. Truscello and asked if we might be able to be seated at a table for 8 or 10 with another family traveling with a child or children. Can't hurt to ask!

Good luck and no matter what--enjoy your cruise.

Reading is a skill, please reread what I wrote. You asked for a table for two and got it. I stated if you ask you can get a table for two. The poster stated it is like a restaurant they will seat you alone no matter what. :eek:

I have very good reading skills - thank you very much....

I was trying to tell the OP to just walk up and ask for a table - if you specify 2 please - you will get it - no problems

And tact is an art.

Thank you.

And since they said NOT for table for 2 - they could approach with their party of 3/4/5/6 and say - table for that many please - and not be seated with strangers.

Edited by LovesCruising

On a couple of occasions when traveling with my mother she requested a table for two for breakfast & lunch in MD. We have had wait staff try to shame us and reply with unsociable table, no? Then in front of other passengers by yelling across from each other to search for unsociable table.

On a couple of occasions when traveling with my mother she requested a table for two for breakfast & lunch in MD. We have had wait staff try to shame us and reply with unsociable table, no? Then in front of other passengers by yelling across from each other to search for unsociable table.

That seems very strange. Never seen anything like that.

Wow. I'd reply by asking "where's the no tip jar?"

Edited by DrD

I have very good reading skills - thank you very much....

I was trying to tell the OP to just walk up and ask for a table - if you specify 2 please - you will get it - no problems

Thank you.

And since they said NOT for table for 2 - they could approach with their party of 3/4/5/6 and say - table for that many please - and not be seated with strangers.

I apologize for my comment, but you quoted me as if I said something wrong. Basically I told them the same thing you did. You can ask for a table alone, but if you don't you probably will be seated with others. Sorry again.

Although, in many cases, the tables are so close to one another, it might as well be 1 table. :rolleyes:

Thankfully, we were about 5 minutes from leaving when this happened.

The tables were especially close one night in MTD (I'm drawing a blank of the ship... but I think it was Liberty???) in the section we were sitting in. The next table over was about 18" from us.

They SEEMED to intentionally be seating people at every other table to space them out.

My wife and I are wrapping up and we're just chit-chatting. The new couple came and sat down between us and an older couple that had been there about as long as we had. We smiled and said "Good evening" (much like we had to the older couple when we sat down) and went back to talking.

I can't remember what we were talking about, but it wasn't cruise-related. I just remember asking my wife something like "Do you think that's a good call?" and suddenly the woman who had recently sat down says "I think that's a poor way to handle your children."

At first I didn't realize she was talking to me, but looked at her and said "Excuse me? Are you talking to me?" and she started just telling me something about how I should be careful with warping my children, blah, blah, blah and then just started talking about something else.

I just said something like "1. I don't have children. 2. I wasn't talking about children. 3. I wasn't talking to you, but my wife. 4. I think you heard a tiny piece of a conversation and invented the rest of what you think I'm talking about because I have no idea what you are lecturing me about or how that connects to my conversation with my wife."

The husband just started chuckling, but the wife said something like "I don't understand why you have to be a bully."

To which I laughed and we left.